Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single Man Tent for Big Guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I am 6'2" and have a Snugpack Ionoshepere.

In fact I just spent a couple nights in it this last weekend. It is not a huge tent by any stretch, but I think it is quite roomy for a 1 man tent, especially for a guy used to sleeping in USGI Bivy types.

It is lightweight, high quality, and long enough to stick some stuff up front like rolled up jacket and pants for a pillow, handgun, flashlight, and other small incidentals.
    The Ionosphere was high on my list but I decided against it due to the high number of stakes required to fully stake it out. Isn't is like 12 or 15? I will be using it in Arizona so I need something free standing with as few stakes as possible.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    The Ionosphere was high on my list but I decided against it due to the high number of stakes required to fully stake it out. Isn't is like 12 or 15? I will be using it in Arizona so I need something free standing with as few stakes as possible.
    If you have trees around, cutting your own pegs on site is a better way to go in terms of packed weight and the factcmany tent pegs aren't long enough to get down in to solid ground.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I have never used more than 6 to stake mine out. It comes with a bunch but I never use them all.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123