Thread: Lantac Dragon vs Vg6 epsilon or gamma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lantac Dragon vs Vg6 epsilon or gamma

I currently have a lantac dragon on one of my rifles and smile from ear to ear whenever I do rapid fire drills.The rifle has a 1-4 scope and shoots very flat and allows for super quick follow up shots because the rifle/sight picture doesn't move. I want to add a brake/comp to another one of my AR's and started looking at some other less expensive options and came across the Vg6 epsilon. My question is for someone that has used both the lantac and vg6...how do they compare? Is one louder for the shooter or range neighbors than the other? Does the epsilon do an ok job at hiding flash (at least better than dragon)? Does one do a much better job at eliminating muzzle climb and recoil than the other? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I only have the Epsilon. That being said, most of the tests showed the Epsilon and Dragon to be equal in terms of taming muzzle rise (the Epsilon came out slightly ahead here in most comparisons) and the Dragon slightly edged out the Epsilon in recoil reduction. The Epsilon has better flash hiding due to the prongs on the front. No idea on the severity of muzzle blast. All in all, they're pretty much equal. Pick whichever one you think looks better.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Some data:
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ke-shootout-2/

The original shootout the Epsilon was installed upside down so use the Gamma data.

Epsilon is on sale today at Aeroprecision for about $75.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Some data:

The original shootout the Epsilon was installed upside down so use the Gamma data.

Thats a great comparison! Thanks for sharing. At nearly half the price I'll probably get the Vg6. I'll post an update comparing to the lantac dragon once I get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Some data:

I run a Gamma (Epsilon without the tines). My pre-purchase research found evidence that the earlier comps recoiled downward and vG6 added holes in the bottom to make them more neutral. I wouldn't buy a used one for this reason.