Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inforce WML Review

Feedback Score

Inforce WML Review

So in this I'm featuring the Haley Strategic WML by Inforce, this light is a 200 Lumen light with an integral mount with a polymer body. The light is a momentary on light meaning that it is only on as long as you are depressing the button. This has some drawbacks such as if you need to keep the light on for more than a few seconds. The polymer body is a double edged sword as it enables the light to be very lightweight but at the same time it keeps it from being as durable as it could possibly be. There have been people who have caused this light to fail usually by dropping it, I had a minor failure with mine. The failure was fixed by tightening the front bezel back down. This was more than likely caused by the surefire muzzlebrake that I have attached. I prefer to not have a full length rail because having a light right next to the muzzle exposes the light to more concussion and vibration that can rattle the internals and cause a more drastic failure than what I experienced. The price on this light is usually around $120 and occasionally you can find them for $110. So for the price this isn't the worst light although it's durability potential leaves something to be desired. Now for a light that is typically left in your safe or not going to see serious abuse on a daily basis you have nothing to worry about. I do like this light because of how light and unobtrusive this light is and it was very affordable.

Ratings
    Price 5/5
    Weight 5/5
    Ease to mount 5/5
    Durability 3/5
    Light Output 4/5

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I disagree a bit on the ratings (I think you were generous), but you did a good job conveying the caveats.

I've used two of these for over a year... They're okay. I absolutely love the form factor, and the brightness/beam is more than sufficient for indoor use. I just wish the tint wasn't as blue, and I also really wish they would make an aluminum version, but as-is, it's not a bad light... I have no problem recommending it for a light duty rifle, but I let people know that they aren't particularly robust. That said, I've not broken mine (well... I did break the switch guard on one, but I don't really care about that), and I've not necessarily been easy on them. Ultimately, I think the price should be closer to $75, rather than $120, or it needs to be aluminum...

Also, since you mentioned weight being a motivation... Arisaka's M300 clone is 2.8oz with a battery (vs. 3.1 on the WML), it has a better beam, and much more durable construction. And it's made by good people.

Feedback Score
    I do enjoy the light and I haven't had as much time as you do behind it but for initial impressions it is a decent light and I bought it knowing that this is not a surefire so i may have had lower expectations than other consumers. Well we can always say X should be closer to Y dollars but Yes I do agree i would like some sort of metal body. I went with the WML for weight cost and its integral mount. I figured since I have it on a troy alpha I rather have fewer mounts to mount to the add on rail sections. The beam is good for indoors, anyone buying a 200 lumen light should understand that is really what it's for. If you want a weapon light for shooting hogs or coyotes throw a 500 lumen light on.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I do enjoy the light and I haven't had as much time as you do behind it but for initial impressions it is a decent light and I bought it knowing that this is not a surefire so i may have had lower expectations than other consumers. Well we can always say X should be closer to Y dollars but Yes I do agree i would like some sort of metal body. I went with the WML for weight cost and its integral mount. I figured since I have it on a troy alpha I rather have fewer mounts to mount to the add on rail sections. The beam is good for indoors, anyone buying a 200 lumen light should understand that is really what it's for. If you want a weapon light for shooting hogs or coyotes throw a 500 lumen light on.
    I agree, and given the CS I've heard of from them, I don't complain too much about price. But yeah, as long as someone knows exactly what they're getting, I really don't have any big complaints. It's a functional, ergonomic, reliable light. May not be the most durable, but it can survive on a heavy recoiling gun just fine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    I agree, and given the CS I've heard of from them, I don't complain too much about price. But yeah, as long as someone knows exactly what they're getting, I really don't have any big complaints. It's a functional, ergonomic, reliable light. May not be the most durable, but it can survive on a heavy recoiling gun just fine.
    I've been using Inforce WMLs/APLs since they came out and agree with you there.

Feedback Score
    I've got an Inforce on one of my ARs. It was on my duty rifle before I retired a few years ago. I did a lot of night training with it. It does the job well. Not what I'd call first class, but again, it works well. Thats good enough for me.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I've got an Inforce on one of my ARs. It was on my duty rifle before I retired a few years ago. I did a lot of night training with it. It does the job well. Not what I'd call first class, but again, it works well. Thats good enough for me.
    Sir, what are your..and others here beefs with this light? Im asking out of curiousity and seeking knowledge, not disputing yall, fwiw.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I bought mine around 2011. It was one had the secondary colored LED lights with different functions. Right after the warranty period expired, the driver that sequenced the secondary LEDs started working intermittently. Became a major PITA.

The good news is, no matter what, the main white LED always worked, so I just kept it on the rifle.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not a fan of this light. Reports of premature battery drain are a problem for a go-to rifle. The ergonomics could be better from my point of view. In this price range you now have the new Streamlight which looks to be a superior solution for the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Not a fan of this light. Reports of premature battery drain are a problem for a go-to rifle. The ergonomics could be better from my point of view. In this price range you now have the new Streamlight which looks to be a superior solution for the money.
    I actually enjoyed the ergonomics of the light but ergonomics is very subjective, I haven't seen anything on the streamlight, what model are you referring to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast