Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redback One IDMT review

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I think maybe having Jason explain the context and purpose of the training would be best before we armchair QB his run through. I'm sure he would love to discuss why he did some of the things your Comrade brought up in his critique.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 06-01-16 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm going to throw BS flag here. Not only do your critiques (or buddy's critiques) come from unverified sources, they lack correction in many cases.

you bring up several instances where he didn't cross check a door after clearing it. The camera angle doesn't show you what he sees when he's clearing the door, nor does it it show you after. It's entirely possible there junk there that he can see and know the corner is unoccupied by a threat.

Passing an open door. There's a cone in front of it. Maybe some type of hazard or maybe an out of play marker she's not going to clear a door that theoretically doesn't exist.

I'm not going to take the time to critique you're critique entirely. Those are just a few things I saw in the first few minutes, I would think better for would have been to address you concerns directly with Falla before posting all on that on a board he is a member of.

Singleton building clearing sucks. Period. Trade offs are constant. Engage an actual threat and hold off on clearing an open door or ignore the actual threat and clear the door first? I'm comfortable with how he did it.

Full disclosure, I have trained with him and he does teach the cross clearance or opposite corner check your criticizing him for not using. My experience is domestic, non-swat LE.

Feedback Score
    Falla is "the man". The Russian troops that fought in Chechnya allegedly "planned to flatten the village" after they'd failed to free hostages without confirmation that the hostages were actually dead at which point the hostage takers broke out of the area and took the surviving hostages with them, see this link for alleged details (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizl...hostage_crisis). The SASR on the other hand have been reported much more favorably.

I am not saying this to be callous or claim that your two acquaintances do not have any useful commentary but just to argue that people who graduate through SAS type programs and then spend years fighting as a member of their regiment are usually good sources of information. Why do you think people pay and are willing to drive or fly hours to take classes with people like Falla, DeFoor, Vickers and many others like them? It's because they come from organizations whose track records continue to impress. You don't see many people still asking for training from someone like Sonny Puzikas. I am only posting this to say that you maynot be correct in thinking that these comments mean you should ignore all of Jason Falla's advice on weapons and tactics.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    Falla is "the man". The Russian troops that fought in Chechnya allegedly "planned to flatten the village" after they'd failed to free hostages without confirmation that the hostages were actually dead at which point the hostage takers broke out of the area and took the surviving hostages with them, see this link for alleged details (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizl...hostage_crisis). The SASR on the other hand have been reported much more favorably.

I am not saying this to be callous or claim that your two acquaintances do not have any useful commentary but just to argue that people who graduate through SAS type programs and then spend years fighting as a member of their regiment are usually good sources of information. Why do you think people pay and are willing to drive or fly hours to take classes with people like Falla, DeFoor, Vickers and many others like them? It's because they come from organizations whose track records continue to impress. You don't see many people still asking for training from someone like Sonny Puzikas. I am only posting this to say that you maynot be correct in thinking that these comments mean you should ignore all of Jason Falla's advice on weapons and tactics.
    +1, and I'll add that Jason Falla is a well spoken and friendly guy that'll drop what he's doing and talk with you to answer any questions you have. He's always willing and prepared to defend/justify why he does something. I've yet to see or hear him say he does something "just because" or "just do it", there's always a very in depth and well thought out reason for everything. The dude is about as turned on as it gets.
    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think that :
    1) It's very easy to Monday morning back a single man room clear in a large course/structure in full kit such as this. Lots of BAD options.
    2) It seems Mr. Falla is running through a static course of fire in a sort. This limits freedom in the sense that you have defined targets to shoot.

Not saying your friends are wrong or right, I don't know. Granted I may be way of base here, but you get what you pay for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12