Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPyderco delica

Feedback Score

SPyderco delica

just got this knife. wanted to know if it was a good choice for EDC. please let me know what other knives are good that's out there. im new to knives. (also in CA so lots of restrictions)

Feedback Score
    Delica is a good entry level edc, on par with griptilian at a lower price point. I'm unfamiliar with that states crazy laws, so I can offer edc guidance but you'd have to check legality.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    California knife laws surprisingly aren't that bad. No size restrictions. As long as it isn't a "misleadiing design" (lipstick knife, pen knife,etc), undetectable by metal detector, ballistic, stiletto or dagger, you are good. No balisongs either. Concealed or open carry is fine also.

A Delica is a great entry level knife. When you are willing to spend a little more ($100-$250), your good edc choices go up significantly.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 06-02-16 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    My Delica has served me well over the years. I like how you can switch the clip for tip up/tip down or left/right side carry. Not that I'm switching it all the time but it's nice when you're just trying to figure out where it makes the most sense for you. Also, it's very lightweight, low profile and I forget it is in my pocket. If you're not into sharpening your own knives you can always send it back to Spyderco and they will do it for you. Lastly, I've become very keen of the thumbhole which lends to quick deployment of the blade. I carry my Delica way more than my Benchmade. I think you'll be happy.

Feedback Score
    Sweet

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Delica is a good knife. However, being a big spyderco fan, I would have to say that the ergos are much better on the Manix 2. Plus, the lock is more robust.

You might take a look at it if you are still in the market.

Cheers,
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Check out the waved Delica. Great knife. Opens faster than a switchblade. Doubles as a beer bottle opener

Feedback Score
    How do you make the delica blade looser? Mine seems stiff so I can't just flick it open, but have to use two hands

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    >How do you make the delica blade looser?

You can try some lightweight oil. Delicas are tough for inertial openings...gotta do a lot of reps. An Endura is easier (just because the blade is heavier)
    Might want to get a trainer version to work on your technique as the locks do wear out.
    "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil
    ... you know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC, former 1st Marine Division CO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitiaz View Post
    >How do you make the delica blade looser?

You can try some lightweight oil. Delicas are tough for inertial openings...gotta do a lot of reps. An Endura is easier (just because the blade is heavier)
    Might want to get a trainer version to work on your technique as the locks do wear out.
    I owned 5 different Delicas in a span of about 2 years around 10 years ago. Great knives as long as you use them for cutting. I'm horrible about prying with blades so I ended up breaking 4 of them. Lost the other. I even broke my current blade (CRKT M16) that is a pretty thick blade.

New Delicas will be tight. I would hold the release and just work the blade to loosen them up. A brand new/tight blade will open with a correct flick technique though.

Now for the bolded section of quote. Highly recommended for all, especially a beginner.

I was working Delica number 2 with my right hand while sitting hunched over on the couch. I kept giving it more speed looking for the sweet spot. More speed eventually equaled an open just in time to stuff it in my left calf.

Luckily it entered at a downward angle and didn't cause permanent issues. It was beautiful at how easily the sharpness of that new blade went in. It was like stabbing water, no resistance to speak of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast