Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPyderco delica

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    Delica is a good knife. However, being a big spyderco fan, I would have to say that the ergos are much better on the Manix 2. Plus, the lock is more robust.

You might take a look at it if you are still in the market.

Cheers,
    This. I have a Manix 2 in my pocket as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Check out the waved Delica. Great knife. Opens faster than a switchblade. Doubles as a beer bottle opener
    I agree with one exception, make your next one a waved Endura, the bigger brother of the Delica.

Quote Originally Posted by vitiaz View Post
    >How do you make the delica blade looser?

You can try some lightweight oil. Delicas are tough for inertial openings...gotta do a lot of reps. An Endura is easier (just because the blade is heavier)
    Might want to get a trainer version to work on your technique as the locks do wear out.
    This.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Great knife, handy size and will easily get shaving sharp.

Feedback Score
    I really like my Delica. It's been in my carry rotation for years. Solid, well constructed. You will need to do a lot of reps to get the blade to a point where you are satisfied with one handed opening. My RECON 1 and the Blackhawk CQD are pretty decent flippers now, after many, many reps.
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil
    ... you know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC, former 1st Marine Division CO

Feedback Score
    If you aren't afraid of voiding your warranty, you can disassemble the knife, polish the phosphor bronze washers, and the reassemble and tune the pivot to make the knife a really smooth opening and closing edc. Everyone has a different feel for how loose or tight the blade should be, and you can travel between free dropping blade to doesn't move without some assistance without creating blade play.

Feedback Score
    The Delica was my first Spyderco. Great knife.

I'd move on from Vg-10 though. It is decent, as long as you plan on touching up the edge frequently.

In my experience, ZDP-189 is the way to go. I'm adept at free hand sharpening and I use my folding knives quite a bit. ZDP isnt magical, but it is in a different class of steel compared to VG-10.

These days, I carry a Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189. Wonderful knife.

Spyderco is the most consistently good commercial knife producer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Carried 1 of 4 variations of the Delica for 10+ years while living in NYC and having to deal with restrictions. Excellent knife.

Living in a free state for years now, I've been carrying a military pretty consistently for 3 years and will also carry the manix 2 xl or yojimbo 2.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah my first Spyderco. Did a search and apparently it's a Generation 1 Delica. Gifted new and carried across the ocean many times. Sat in a drawer for many years and now my go to EDC, although now I'm mostly a better-to-have-it-and-not-need-it user. Been factory resharpened twice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I carried a Delica4 for several years. They're good inexpensive light duty knives. My wife still carries one in her purse. They have really good factory edges and are easy to touch up. However, the roll and chip easily.

I carry a ZT 301 or 350 now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They also lack lateral strength. DO NOT PRY with a FRN Spyderco.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast