Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T1 mount Larue or Scalarworks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Discounted T-2 bundles are in-stock https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-b...ro-t-2-bundle/
    The Lower 1/3 shows "Out of Stock".
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Discounted T-2 bundles are in-stock https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-b...ro-t-2-bundle/
    What I would like to do is test out one of your M4 mounts. I promise to put up a unbiased useful review.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-05-16 at 21:42.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    The Lower 1/3 shows "Out of Stock".
    Sorry, I didn't realize those weren't up yet. They will be by Tuesday!
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Deleted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    What I would like to do is test out one of your M4 mounts. I have a few mountless M4s aimpoints that need a scalarworks for testing. I promise to put up a unbiased useful review.
    Thanks for the offer For what it's worth, our testing has shown that the LDM/CompM4 works exactly the same as the LDM/Micro and LDM/MRO.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hi, SSC.

Thanks again for your feedback. The space between the top of the clamp and the bottom of the frame is part of the design, and perfectly normal. Please feel free to call me personally (1-844-556-1913 ext 700) and I'll be happy to explain how it all fits together.

As the only manufacturer that we know of to serialize quick-detach mounts, we were able to identify both the machine and operator that made your specific mount base. It turns out that one of the inner Pictainny rail interface surfaces of your base was out of spec, and wasn't caught during QC.

Since your RMA, we've implemented an additional series of checks to this critical area. This extra layer of quality control will significantly reduce the probability of this ever happening to another customer.

Rest assured that over the past 18 months we've gotten thousands of mounts into the hands of satisfied customers which prove that the design works as advertised.

I'm very sorry that your mount wasn't up to our high standards and I sincerely hope that you give us another try in the future. As always, we offer free shipping both ways in the event of a manufacturing defect like you experienced.
    I want to use a Comp M4 on a .308 gas gun. I am interested in your mount for it, but I have concerns:

The original design was for the T1/T2. The Comp M4 is a lot heavier. That's a lot more force on the mount. Is the clamping force up to holding it in place? Especially on a .308 gasser. I have seen Eotechs ping-pong back and forth on guns, in slow-motion. Have seen recoil lug marks on Bobro and LaRue mounts on my 5.56 guns even on a T2 weight optic. I am wondering if you have actual evidence of it not having any movement, such as high-speed video footage, or at least engineered calculations so you "can say it with math". I get that the zero-shift on a good rail is likely nil, even if she ping-pongs, but ping-ponging eats up rails, and adds extra stress to the mount, optic, and everything else. Insidiously.
    Last edited by WS6; 06-07-17 at 02:10.

Feedback Score
    Im a BIG fan of the KAC High NVG mount

That being said, i NEED some scalarworks irons in my life, and if they made a super high mount as tall as the kac, id probably be all over it.
    Last edited by GFX_9; 06-07-17 at 04:03.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    A 1.93 scalar works micro mount would be awesome. Co-witness the irons under the mount, similar to the new KAC mount that I have been frothing at the mouth to see released.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Is there a provision to loctite the screw/clamp that secures mount to the rail on the Scalarworks?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    Is there a provision to loctite the screw/clamp that secures mount to the rail on the Scalarworks?
    I'm not so sure that it's needed. And I'm the gun who locktites just about everything.

I've had a Scaralworks 1/3 mount for an MRO for about a year. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the mount.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast