Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aimpoint T1 mount Larue or Scalarworks

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The thumbscrew has a detent, so no loctite is necessary.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not sure why anyone would choose to run a larue in 2017.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    LDM is the best thing out there to accompany a T2.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    Is there a provision to loctite the screw/clamp that secures mount to the rail on the Scalarworks?
    Our patented ball detent mechanism prevents the wheel from rotating loose under recoil. We've never had a single mount reported as coming loose in the 3 years these have been in use.

However, if you really must use threadlocker you can.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    Since this thread has come back, I'll give an update. I will continue to purchase from scalarworks. As I said previously, their customer service is outstanding. I recently purchased another T2 bundle. The product was shipped the day I ordered it and received in a couple of days. The mount is rock solid and has maintained zero in my testing. Regarding Larue, they also have good customer service. I have been a fan of Larue. However, in my experience ( and I have six Larue mounts) they do "shoot loose." I will be replacing all my Larue mounts.

Cheers, SSC

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Our patented ball detent mechanism prevents the wheel from rotating loose under recoil. We've never had a single mount reported as coming loose in the 3 years these have been in use.

However, if you really must use threadlocker you can.
    The Micro mount I have has thread locker on the ball detent screw from the factory? I have a 10.5 pistol that is over gassed some and I have wondered if the scalarworks mount would come loose after a long period of heavy sharp recoil . Do u have any info on the amount of clamping force your method can deliver ? Compared to say a bolt and nut like the geissele?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JVG19 View Post
    The Micro mount I have has thread locker on the ball detent screw from the factory? I have a 10.5 pistol that is over gassed some and I have wondered if the scalarworks mount would come loose after a long period of heavy sharp recoil . Do u have any info on the amount of clamping force your method can deliver ? Compared to say a bolt and nut like the geissele?
    That's always been the case. The original post was referring to the thumbscrew itself, not the ball detent set screw you're referring to.

We don't recommend threadlocker on the thumbscrew shaft unless you want to permanently attach your mount to your rifle.

Your overgassed 10.5 won't be a problem. We have yet to find a platform that is.

Our Quantum QD system is designed to not require tonnes of torque like basic nut and bolt designs do.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234