Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MR BLASTY: Picked up a nice 3 inch 686 plus. Working on some improvements!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

MR BLASTY: Picked up a nice 3 inch 686 plus. Working on some improvements!

Hey guys,

Decided to pick up a 686 plus last week. No reason other than it is awesome. I had to decide between it and a PC 7 shot and I decided that, although I preferred the look of the PC, the $$ difference wasn't worth it for me.
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I took it to the range and fired 200 rounds of .38 and 57 rounds of .357. At first, the .38 felt like 9mm out of a 1911 but after a while it started to beat on me a bit. The .357 kicked a bit, but manageable. I am used to a lot of DA so I did most of my shooting that way, but the SA virtual "hair trigger" made 75-100 yard shots a lot easier.

I decided to order the C&S Extreme sight to replace the adjustable sights. I haven't had a chance to recheck POI. I was able to find a pair of used laser grips for it too. I also ordered a stainless steel lock plug so hopefully the unsightly and useless lock will be gone by next week.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Curious about how that C&S sight works, I know of one that when put on a 3" 686 changed the POI to around 10" low.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Everyone should have at least one wheel gun and if you only have one, it should be a 686.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Well crap. The laser grips zeroed quickly but the damn rear sight lowered the POI dramatically. Basically, if you put the front sight on top of the dot at 21 feet it will land 2 inches low. A bullseye hold might be twice as bad. So, I either need to ditch them or find someone who can replace the front blade with a lower unit. CRAP!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You wouldn't buy my gun and you spent your money on that?

Try to keep the thugs away from it, ok?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Take yo alzhiemers meds. I told you about this gun, and sent you pictures well before you offered me your Hi-point.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have the CS rears and a Dawson precision tritium front on my 4" 686. You may be able to get different height fronts from DP

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Take yo alzhiemers meds. I told you about this gun, and sent you pictures well before you offered me your Hi-point.
    I guess you told me but you never sent me any picture.

Have Shane file off that front sight

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You are going to love that thing, counselor. I have a 4" 686-5, and it's my favorite pistol. Mine is the last model with no lock and no MIM parts. It's ridiculously accurate with 158-grain loads at 25 yards.

I am thinking about a set of those C&S sights on my 2" Model 64-2.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Well crap. The laser grips zeroed quickly but the damn rear sight lowered the POI dramatically. Basically, if you put the front sight on top of the dot at 21 feet it will land 2 inches low. A bullseye hold might be twice as bad. So, I either need to ditch them or find someone who can replace the front blade with a lower unit. CRAP!

I had the same issue with the C&S sight on my 325PD. I went back to the adjustable sight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast