Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire WARCOMP 556

Feedback Score
    If you shoot mostly righty, but practice lefty too, how will timing if for righty effect the lefty shooting?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    If you shoot mostly righty, but practice lefty too, how will timing if for righty effect the lefty shooting?
    Muzzle will push away from your support hand if you have it set up for a righty and shoot lefty. Not sure how bad though as I'm still waiting for one.

Feedback Score
    I have two of them. The one on my SR-15 seems fine, although is not as effective as my precision armament AFAB. I need it for my suppressor (in jail) though.

I put the other one on my precision AR and it started effecting accuracy:

I have since replaced it with another muzzle device and accuracy is the same as bare muzzle. I think it has something to do with the unbalanced pressure in the chamber of the warcomp since one side is vented and the other side is not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hern13 View Post
    Anybody know if there's an update on the release of the closed tine version?
    Information I received about a week ago:

Quote Originally Posted by lennyo3034 View Post
    I have two of them. The one on my SR-15 seems fine, although is not as effective as my precision armament AFAB. I need it for my suppressor (in jail) though.

I put the other one on my precision AR and it started effecting accuracy:

I have since replaced it with another muzzle device and accuracy is the same as bare muzzle. I think it has something to do with the unbalanced pressure in the chamber of the warcomp since one side is vented and the other side is not.
    Supposedly from one of the guys that worked on the Warcomp design, from a conversation he had with a friend of mine from back in January of this year:

I am curious as to whether or not the non-directional porting of the closed-tine Warcomps would do better.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-08-16 at 13:02.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Oh wow, thanks for that.

In all fairness though, I think it only really matters at the extreme point of accuracy. I have not noticed a change in accuracy in my 3-gun rifle (18" douglas barrel) and in a recent ammo test, was able to shoot 10 round groups averaging 1.2 MOA and mean radius of .41" (Molon's calculations) with the warcomp.

I happen to be aiming for .5 MOA for my DMR rifle, which is the one that shot the groups pictured above. My other rifles without that level of accuracy requirement seem to be fine with the warcomp. I'm sure this does not affect only the warcomp either.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I have one on an M4A1 contour 16" barrel and it has turned in some sub MOA 10 shot groups.

Maybe I should test it with a bare muzzle.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    And I just had my WarComp pinned on...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just checked SF's site and didn't see any of the new flash hiders. I guess it's a call and order sort of thing?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Apparently the closed tine SF flash hider/ suppressor adapter does exist now. Not on SF's site yet

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:32.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast