Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACOG for 6920

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Question. Is the eye relief issue with the TA31 deserving of merit? I'm contemplating replacing the TR24g on one of my rifles as it's limiting at distance.
    Eye relief is eyelash close. I got used to it because everything else about the optic (TA31H-G) is fantastic. I like the fact the reticle brightness adjusts with the ambient light.

I mount as far back as it will go with a flip buis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I really like the TA33 3X for a combat sight, better eye relief, easier to use like a red dot with both eyes open and a little mag for longer shots.
    I agree, except I haven't been able to use it with both eyes open. It seems to be the best compromise between a magnified optic and an RDS. At close range the reticle can be used like a red dot. The magnification and rudimentary range-finding capability to me just make this the best all-around optic. The only drawback is that the magnification really amplifies unsteadiness and so it's not as fast to utilize as an RDS.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    how about a eotech hws with a 3x magnifier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    I think that would end up about twice as heavy as a 4x ACOG, and around the same price. Like always, you have to decide what's most important to you and buy a quality optic to fill that role.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    You're kidding right? Their optics have several known defects and are sold by a scumbag company(read management) that knowingly sold defective sights to soldiers and cops for nearly a decade. And as mentioned the reddot with magnifier setup is both expensive and very heavy.

MM

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a TA01NSN on my 6920 - where it will live forever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I really like the TA33 3X for a combat sight, better eye relief, easier to use like a red dot with both eyes open and a little mag for longer shots.
    The above is my advice too. I have the same model with the green horseshoe dot reticle and I can't think of anything I'd rather have.

Feedback Score
    I have a TA31H that I like a lot. But for shooting steel out to 200M and 3-Gun scenarios I'll stick with the Aimpoint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123