Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACOG for 6920

Feedback Score

ACOG for 6920

TA 11 and TA31's with horseshoe reticle rocks. Would Never sell my acogs
    Last edited by user; 03-05-17 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    I would sell the acog and get the accupower with the bdc. Better eye relief and you have variable magnification.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    appreciate all the responses guys. ill update a post if i end up w something.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I have three 4X ACOGs and they get used regularly and aren't about to be replaced. I actually replaced a pair of 1-4 Nightforces with two TA31H-Gs.

I am glad I am not the only one who did this. I just replaced a 1-4 variable with a TA31F and have no regrets.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I am glad I am not the only one who did this. I just replaced a 1-4 variable with a TA31F and have no regrets.
    Question. Is the eye relief issue with the TA31 deserving of merit? I'm contemplating replacing the TR24g on one of my rifles as it's limiting at distance.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Question. Is the eye relief issue with the TA31 deserving of merit? I'm contemplating replacing the TR24g on one of my rifles as it's limiting at distance.

I shoot nose to charging handle. with the TA31 back to where it almost touches the Troy flip up sight I find eye relief to be perfect. For me this is a non issue. For others it is a big deal. I honestly find it easier to use than the Vortex Viper I had on the rifle before. If I was to do another 1-4 it would be the TR24 however. But I think I am back to ACOGs and Aimpoint Micros for all my guns now.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I shoot nose to charging handle. with the TA31 back to where it almost touches the Troy flip up sight I find eye relief to be perfect. For me this is a non issue. For others it is a big deal. I honestly find it easier to use than the Vortex Viper I had on the rifle before. If I was to do another 1-4 it would be the TR24 however. But I think I am back to ACOGs and Aimpoint Micros for all my guns now.
    Roger that. I shoot NTCH as well given the weight penalties associated variables an acog seems ideal for purpose of the rifle in question.

Do you have a reticle preference? I see green better over red and the horseshoe reticle seems to be the most popular

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    My current one is the standard Red Chevron and I like it a lot. The only problem comes with holdover at certain ranges. However I really like the Horseshoe reticle as well and my next will probably be a TA31H. Color wise I am fine with both Red and Green. The Amber may as well be invisible to my eyes. I can't see it for shit in any condition so I avoid it at all costs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive had great results with the KRAM riser. Its taken a while now but I am finally a fan of my ACOG. I was close to selling it a few times but glad it didn't. Im still a little faster with a red dot inside 40 yards but I am starting to catch up with the ACOG.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    As far as eye relief goes, you don't have to hold your eye 1.5" from the ocular lens. When I shoot at longer ranges, I pull my eye back to about 3", as it helps me keep the reticle centered (fixed parallax), and more comfortable prone. The 4X ACOG has a very wide field of view made possible by the short eye relief. If you use more eye relief, all you give up is some FOV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast