Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I have some ALG lube on standby for when I run out of Fireclean. My experience with FC was good although when I was OCONUS for 2.5 years, the lube gummed up on my stagnant rifles and had a funky smell to it. Other than that, the ALG lube is a few bucks cheaper with double the amount. Look forward to trying it out.
    I had the same experience. I'd lube a rifle with it and after a week in the safe it smelled like rancid cooking oil. This is the only reason I quit using FireClean, so I'm following this thread with interest. If the ALG lube doesn't go rancid, I'll be trying it out myself.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    my pm9 sat all last week while I was on a business trip. no funky smell and still no lube transport that I can tell as of today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    60 rounds suppressed (40 of win 62gr 855 and 20 of federal 193) and it's still quite wet and glistening.

I'm impressed.

I'm not sure it's as slick as FC, but it's close. Right up there with FC and Lucas EGL.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Been using SLP EWL 2000 for a couple years now and just ordered a bottle of the ALG go juice.

I've tried all of the other bio-based oils that have been mentioned here in this thread and they all gummed up on me, so I have been pretty much done with the bio oils for quite some time and have went back to SLP EWL 2000 for the past year, but have noticed that it does not do well in the corrosion resistance department. It also didn't wipe off as well as the bio-based stuff I tried.

That was the one thing I really liked about bio-based stuff that I have tried in the past (I'm not going to mention any names here) is that they did just wipe off very easily, even easier than the SLP 2000. Like I said the only thing I did not like about them was that they would gum up and a lot of times only after a short one or two week storage.

One of them that I really liked the smell of stopped my firing pin causing it to light strike the primers one day at the range(thank God!) until I took it apart and wiped everything down. At first I thought something was wrong with my reloads, but when I loaded them back into the magazine again they all fired just fine once I got rid of the crappy lube. The funny thing was that I never used it on the firing pin and it had somehow seeped in there and gummed it up.

So all in all I'm looking forward to trying out this new product.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman556 View Post
    Been using SLP EWL 2000 for a couple years now and just ordered a bottle of the ALG go juice.

I've tried all of the other bio-based oils that have been mentioned here in this thread and they all gummed up on me, so I have been pretty much done with the bio oils for quite some time and have went back to SLP EWL 2000 for the past year, but have noticed that it does not do well in the corrosion resistance department. It also didn't wipe off as well as the bio-based stuff I tried.

That was the one thing I really liked about bio-based stuff that I have tried in the past (I'm not going to mention any names here) is that they did just wipe off very easily, even easier than the SLP 2000. Like I said the only thing I did not like about them was that they would gum up and a lot of times only after a short one or two week storage.

One of them that I really liked the smell of stopped my firing pin causing it to light strike the primers one day at the range(thank God!) until I took it apart and wiped everything down. At first I thought something was wrong with my reloads, but when I loaded them back into the magazine again they all fired just fine once I got rid of the crappy lube. The funny thing was that I never used it on the firing pin and it had somehow seeped in there and gummed it up.

So all in all I'm looking forward to trying out this new product.
    My experience is identical to yours right down the line. Thus far, the ALG Go Juice is delivering, and in my accelerated "gumming test" is doing much better than the competitor's product.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I resurrected my 10/22 and have been using it on that. I have put over a 1k rounds through it in the past couple of weeks using the ALG lube without any issues. Any carbon fouling just wipes off.

IDK about it gumming up as I have been shooting the rifle just about every other day.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My experience is identical to yours right down the line. Thus far, the ALG Go Juice is delivering, and in my accelerated "gumming test" is doing much better than the competitor's product.
    That's reassuring to know.

Mine should be here by the end of the week going to slap some on and give it a try.

I didn't see anything about any kind of decreasing procedure on the website?

That was another thing that really turned me off about some of the other bio-based oils.

I probably will just use some MC 25 mill-com cleaner to get the old SLP 2000 off.
    Last edited by gman556; 09-27-16 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Not sure if it was you, but someone just uploaded a video on YouTube with Go Juice and a competitor tested between two golden rods - sounds like the same test you're describing.

Anyway, I'm curious if you used the standard competitor product or the "Xtreme" version that is supposed to be more resistant to gumming.

Also, in regards to your statements on Go Juice's corrosion prevention, are those tests and results described in a different thread?

Finally, is there a recommended procedure for applying Go Juice?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My 1911 doesn't get much use, it was treated/lubed with Fireclean and left untouched in the safe since June. Another first-hand example that Fireclean gummed up with a funky scent, racking the slide was difficult and extremely tacky. I decided to full detail strip the 1911 to remove all traces of FC and applied ALG Go Juice I bought last month. Slick as can be, look forward to giving it a go.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I've used the ALG a couple of times already on one of my AR's and I'm in agreement with WS6 that things do wipe down a little easier than SLP 2000. it also seems that the back part of the bolt wipes clean easier than anything else I have used so far.

One thing I will say is that it is a little runny but I'm learning that you don't need to put that much and just a light coating has done well so far.

So I am impressed and I'm going to continue using it.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast