Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just ordered GoJuice and Grease and will try them out when they arrive....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    How is the Cherry Balmz been working for you? It seems very promising but I have no actual experience using it.
    Sorry for missing your post...

Its awesome. Recently used it during a 3 day rifle class shooting 100% .300 subs. No issues at all running the class. I had one stoppage that seemed magazine related... the fat powder coated subs were slowing the magazines down so much that you could push the rounds down, pull your finger out of the mag and the spring & follower would SLOWLY....... push the rounds up to the top... not instantly like it should. I only brought 60 of that type of ammo... that used a coating I stopped using...for other issues so it wasn't really notable.

My friend and I were both running Cherry Balmz, both love it and are sold for life. I'm still on my first bottle from nearly a year ago.

Cherry Balmz is all I use on my rifles now. Stays in place, keeps them lubed, and really slick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I shoot suppressed, so I care. I guess the question is...how toxic, in what way?
    The reason ALG very thin grease has the toxic label on the bottle is because it contains barium, as per Bill Geissele's own words in this video.

https://youtu.be/5f7w_7LUOVQ (40:44)

Ironically Bill talked about the dangers & toxicity in an older video (below) which is why I found it surprising he put barium in his 0000 very thin grease. It's probably totally safe though, it's not like we're eating the stuff. Plus it's a great lube that really works.

https://youtu.be/pAKmSSzyCEQ (At 1:52)

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Just thought I would give an update.

I pulled out a S&W M&P 40c I wasn't really liking that I put away last year on 11/8/16 with ALG go juice and light grease on it, and ALG was still there with no noticeable evaporation and no gumming up what so ever. None nota!!!!

Been using it on all my others for that period also and they have all cleaned up every time with ease.

The only other lube I have used that didn't evaporate or go all funky was SLP 2000 EWL ,but I found it didn't also work as a CLP as well as ALG.

I'm sold on this stuff for now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I bought some of the Go Juice bottles on the special at the NRA show. When I noticed the thin grease, and asked about it, it sounded like a useful thing. So picked some up. I find I use more of it than the oil.

The ALG guy said it was designed for things like 1911 rails and sears, but that it's useful for a lot of things.

I use CLP in the trigger bottle for really dirty stuff... to wipe sludge and similar. But use slip ewl and go juice when I'm done

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I bought some of the Go Juice bottles on the special at the NRA show. When I noticed the thin grease, and asked about it, it sounded like a useful thing. So picked some up. I find I use more of it than the oil.

The ALG guy said it was designed for things like 1911 rails and sears, but that it's useful for a lot of things.

I use CLP in the trigger bottle for really dirty stuff... to wipe sludge and similar. But use slip ewl and go juice when I'm done
    Same here.

I use the grease more and the oil for the hard to reach places.

The oil also seems to make a good CLP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That thing is filthy... how many rounds was that?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Goddamn did you just dunk your upper in some volcanic ash?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Goddamn did you just dunk your upper in some volcanic ash?
    Right? I wonder if he was not getting a complete powder burn with his loads or something . That thing is seriously filthy. Although I have used powder that is ridiculously filthy as well with light loads.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I used the grease on my Sig rails and went outside to shoot in cold weather...I had no problems, unlike TW25 which seemed to gum up a bit...

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast