Thread: M1a Scope Mount Help

Feedback Score

Question M1a Scope Mount Help

I have an M1A SOCOM and want to put a traditional scope on it rather than a scout scope. Lots of mounts out there but do not want to find out the hard way they which ones work and which ones dont. Please give some advice as the mounts you like and pictures if you have them.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Shooter,

They are a little spendy, but Sadlak makes a good mount. Another that I have seen here that appears to be good is the ARMS #18. I had one for my SOCOM II but sold it after I decided to got to the Troy MCS system.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter44 View Post
    I have an M1A SOCOM and want to put a traditional scope on it rather than a scout scope. Lots of mounts out there but do not want to find out the hard way they which ones work and which ones dont. Please give some advice as the mounts you like and pictures if you have them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am a big fan on Ron Smith's mounts for the M-14 series...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SEI and Sadlak make what many consider to be the "standard" for scope mounts.

One advantage of the Sadlak mount is that if you are concerned about fitting, they offer a fitting tool that will allow them to modify their scope mount to fit your specific rifle.

I hope that helps.

BP

Feedback Score
    Great info so far and I appreciate the help. Any other opinions out there? I want to get this done soon so that I can use this rifle for hunting this year. Elk season opens on the 15th of October.

Feedback Score
    I helped a buddy with his - go with the Sadlak and get the mount kit - that way you know it will fit your Springfield receiver that may or may not be in spec.

Spooky

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

SEI P/N 2006 - it' rock solid.

If you decide to try something a little different I suggest a SAGE EBR and a LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139 reversed.

Feedback Score
    Try the sadlak airborne model. My unit been using them and the feedback has been overall positives.

https://www.m4carbine.net/newreply.p...ote=1&p=207058

Feedback Score
    In my admittedly small experience with two M1as, I've installed both a Smith Enterprises mount as well as a ARMS mount... I recommend the Smith, as it went on without any problems at all.
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.