Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armalite's quality

Feedback Score

Armalite's quality

It seems that Armalite's AR 10 (DEF10 model) is becoming a very good option in the entry .308 AR realm, so has Armalite stepped up their quality on all guns including the M 15 series or is this just a rare fluke for a company that has a questionable (in terms of product quality) past.

Feedback Score
    I think it is mostly just product development. The AR-10 has been out for about 20 years now and they have made improvements to it along the way.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've rarely run into a bad Armalite, legacy or under post-Westrom (SAC) ownership.

Feedback Score
    The "AR" in ar15 stands for armalite. I would think they know a thing or two about the rifles.

Feedback Score
    I recall Armalite doing the research that resulted in the development of the mid-length gas system.

Feedback Score
    I think Armalite is a good brand but I think there are better options out there for a similar price points like colt. That said, I don't think I have seen an Armalite AR15 on store shelves for several years now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNegativeOne View Post
    The "AR" in ar15 stands for armalite. I would think they know a thing or two about the rifles.
    Armalite sold the AR-15 design to Colt in the late 50s or early 60s and Eugene Stoner went to Colt in 1961. They also basically ceased operations for a couple of decades. Whatever knowledge about the AR-15 remained in the original company is long gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Armalite sold the AR-15 design to Colt in the late 50s or early 60s and Eugene Stoner went to Colt in 1961. They also basically ceased operations for a couple of decades. Whatever knowledge about the AR-15 remained in the original company is long gone.
    How I understand it, the current company I'd armalite in name only.

That said, they seem to make a solid gun, I've hear MD few complaints, and the ones I've seen seemed well built, but as said, a better gun can be had for similar price.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    yeah, this isn't the same Armalite that stoner worked for in the late 50's.

Feedback Score
    I have an AR10, the quality of fit and finish is as good or better than my other rifles (LWRC, Colt), and has been a shooter.

You hear a lot of anti DPMS/Bushy, etc comments, but other than largely arbitrary columns on an old chart, I don't hear much negative about ArmaLite.

As far as their AR15 variants, if you're hung up on things like "TDP" and "Milspec", then maybe look elsewhere. But if you want a nicely done civi grade rifle I think they are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast