Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two stage reset

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Two stage reset

BLUF: What two stage triggers have short resets, but duty-type weight?

Long version: I have a mere passing familiarity with two stage AR triggers. Some of the ones I have tried had very long resets, all the way out; easy to short-stroke. Perhaps I have a training issue?

I’m looking for shorter resets, basically at the junction of the two stages. Is this a thing, or should I stick with single stage triggers? What brands/models would most satisfy that requirement?

Use is CQM/HD, and all my AR’s currently contain coated single stage triggers such as the ALG ECT. Reliability is very important, and I do not want a super light trigger. Trying to narrow my options.

Edit: I thought I put this in general, not technical, so feel free to move if necessary, mods.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-23-17 at 12:26. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    BLUF: What two stage triggers have short resets, but duty-type weight?

Long version: I have a mere passing familiarity with two stage AR triggers. Some of the ones I have tried had very long resets, all the way out; easy to short-stroke. Perhaps I have a training issue?

I’m looking for shorter resets, basically at the junction of the two stages. Is this a thing, or should I stick with single stage triggers? What brands/models would most satisfy that requirement?

Use is CQM/HD, and all my AR’s currently contain coated single stage triggers such as the ALG ECT. Reliability is very important, and I do not want a super light trigger. Trying to narrow my options.

Edit: I thought I put this in general, not technical, so feel free to move if necessary, mods.
    Have you taken a look at the Geissele SD-C?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If you get a chance look at the Wilson TTU. It is single stage with 4.5# pull, no perceptible takeup, breaks like ice and has a very short reset. It is my favorite trigger for a do anything rifle.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmedic_ View Post
    Have you taken a look at the Geissele SD-C?
    I have looked at the website blurb, but have not gotten my paws on one to try. The specs are appealing, as is the SSA. Is the reset short, or is it all the way back at the beginning of the 1st stage?

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If you get a chance look at the Wilson TTU. It is single stage with 4.5# pull, no perceptible takeup, breaks like ice and has a very short reset. It is my favorite trigger for a do anything rifle.
    Thanks; I’ll take a look, but I’m really interested in purchasing a two stage to see what those are about. I’ve been shooting a lot of DA/SA pistol lately, and it has me curious about rifle triggers that have some travel, but still have a short reset.

Unfortunately, the only place I can go to try a trigger in a store is PSA....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a G2S , and know exactly what your talking about. If the reset is that important then you should probably stick with a good single stage like the ACT. For close quarters shooting I don’t think a 2nd stage offers any benefits. The only reason I like a 2nd stage is for maximum control when breaking precision long range shots. Like 300y+

Edit: and a two stage rifle trigger is nothing like a DA/SA trigger. It’s much more comparable to a striker fired.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 11-24-17 at 01:03.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I have a G2S , and know exactly what your talking about. If the reset is that important then you should probably stick with a good single stage like the ACT. For close quarters shooting I don’t think a 2nd stage offers any benefits. The only reason I like a 2nd stage is for maximum control when breaking precision long range shots. Like 300y+

Edit: and a two stage rifle trigger is nothing like a DA/SA trigger. It’s much more comparable to a striker fired.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The Geissle S3G does have a short reset, but is a single stage.
    Comes with a 4# pull and has an included, lighter hammer spring for a 3# pull weight.

I use a couple and the reset is short, function has been flawless.
    While not a 2 stage, it may meet your criteria.

Feedback Score
    The silver KAC drop in 2 stage is what you want. Breaks like an SSA but resets on the wall of the second stage.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The SSA or KAC will be your ticket. The SSA is in use by SOCOM and has an NSN Number, the KAC 2 Stage is the trigger that comes in the SR-15, which the USSS currently issues. So both triggers ave a track record in serious use rifles. I would also feel comfortable using an S3G with the heavier spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't seen anybody answer yet regarding the SSA's reset point. I ordered one yesterday, my first, and will let you know when it arrives if you haven't been informed yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast