Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vltor A5 vs. Geissele Super 42, which is better?

Feedback Score
    Really, what this boils down to is the improvement in reliability and durability of a properly massed and sprung A5 action combination over other offerings. We could look into the many reasons for this, and break it down into individual portions to look at many of the different events that add together for this if desired by others. Most all of those topics can be found in searching here though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    To be honest, you two get so damn sciencey that its hard to understand. I believe the Cliff notes version would say that the A5 provides more benefits, correct?
    And fewer downsides. No reason not to go A5 unless a PDW system is being employed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    In a nutshell, from this rookie's understanding...

Use Vltor A5 unless any of these three conditions apply:
    • You are forbidden by employing-agency policy from replacing buffer tube, or are building a strict cosmetic-clone of a milspec config
    • You can't afford the extra 3/4" length of the A5 tube, like a short arm or a minimum-size pistol, or a Michigan-style length-limit on pistols
    • You're on a tight budget and need the extra forty or fifty bucks somewhere else

If any of these apply, use Geissele instead.

How's that for a nutshell, Tom and Buford?
    Essentially, yes. It’s a technically and functionally superior option to ANY carbine system. I would say that the Geissele system, along with a PWS H2 buffer/sprinco blue setup, would be the apex of the carbine system.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    I'm stuck with a regular carbine extension and am torn between the Geissele Super 42 or a H2 w/ Sprinco blue on a middy. I've been thinking about it all weekend w/ this Geissele sale on. Damn. I can't make my mind up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I'm stuck with a regular carbine extension and am torn between the Geissele Super 42 or a H2 w/ Sprinco blue on a middy. I've been thinking about it all weekend w/ this Geissele sale on. Damn. I can't make my mind up.
    I’ve never used any of the products mentioned in this thread. However, after reading through it, and some similar threads. I made a few purchases since there’s been pretty good discounts over the weekend. I ordered an H3 buffer, VLTOR A5 buffer kit, and a Sprinco blue spring, as well as, a Sprinco green spring. And plan on testing various setups on my new 11.5 suppressed BCM upper build. Not saying to do what I did! Just putting the info out there! 😁

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    How many Geissele products have you used? Every time I try something new I’m surprised at how awesome it is. I’m debating keeping one just to use their kit. Buy it before you miss out on the sale.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How many Geissele products have you used? Every time I try something new I’m surprised at how awesome it is. I’m debating keeping one just to use their kit. Buy it before you miss out on the sale.

I'm running two G's and I love their tools and grease. I think I've paid for a employee breakfast or two.

I took your advice and bought two, as I needed two.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789