Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New EL Beretta 92 coming out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All these special editions and variations just to get the Beretta 92 to the gun it should have been for the past 20 some odd years.

Any chance we'll be able to buy one of these for less than a thousand dollars?

Would have been nice to see something done about the dearth of viable 92 Compacts.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never found the slide mounted safety's location to be an issue and would definitely prefer it to the older guns that had the frame mounted safety.

A cocked and locked option with the same location of the current safety would definitely intrigue me though.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd be more excited with a Beretta with a frame mounted safety/decocker. The slide mounted BS is the main reason I haven't bought my own M9/92FS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really dont know why anyone has an issue with the slide mounted safety. An over hand rack can enable it but there are many alternative methods to the power stroke to chamber a round.

I dont get it.

Im also with you OPmike, I have no idea why Beretta has zero desire to actually update their product and improve it. Oh, right, the military is buying a bazillion of these things so lets just sit pretty and feast on our gubment cheese...
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I want a semi auto 93R.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I really dont know why anyone has an issue with the slide mounted safety. An over hand rack can enable it but there are many alternative methods to the power stroke to chamber a round.

I dont get it.
    It's hard for some to decock with one hand, especially small handed critters.
    Last time I signed one of those White House petitions it resulted in an almost-daily helping of SPAM in the inbox of that account. Worse than even the NRA. And Piers Morgan never did get deported....
    -Hmac

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    All these special editions and variations just to get the Beretta 92 to the gun it should have been for the past 20 some odd years.

Any chance we'll be able to buy one of these for less than a thousand dollars?

Would have been nice to see something done about the dearth of viable 92 Compacts.
    And here we have the root of the issue with Beretta.

In the decades Beretta has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory,
    While offering failed model after failed model,
    And little runs of expensive collector guns,

CZ has made them basically a non entity in competition while making reasonably priced models and options with features Beretta has never offered or only offered in limited high priced pieces.

Want a night sight suppressor height with threaded barrel gun,
    Spend over a thousand on an M9A3 with crappy sights and spotty production, or choose a CZ either railed or in railed for a little over half the price.
    Steel frame? CZ.
    Polymer framed version, CZ.
    SA, CZ.
    Cocked and locked action or decocker, CZ.
    Compact, CZ is a little more compact.
    Subcompact? No 92 version, get a CZ RAMI.
    Out of the box production or SSP gun, CZ.

If you want a confusing array of features, unchangabke sights,
    trigger guard shapes, different rails, etc. not offered a single version the buyer wants,
    Go Beretta.

Want a PCC or AR mag rifle with sub optimal ergs and features that will have little factory support, no aftermarket, expensive parts when available, and end up being discontinued, go Beretta.

Hell, they are on what, like their third version of a tactical SA shotgun in like a decade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    And here we have the root of the issue with Beretta.

In the decades Beretta has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory,
    While offering failed model after failed model,
    And little runs of expensive collector guns,

CZ has made them basically a non entity in competition while making reasonably priced models and options with features Beretta has never offered or only offered in limited high priced pieces.

Want a night sight suppressor height with threaded barrel gun,
    Spend over a thousand on an M9A3 with crappy sights and spotty production, or choose a CZ either railed or in railed for a little over half the price.
    Steel frame? CZ.
    Polymer framed version, CZ.
    SA, CZ.
    Cocked and locked action or decocker, CZ.
    Compact, CZ is a little more compact.
    Subcompact? No 92 version, get a CZ RAMI.
    Out of the box production or SSP gun, CZ.

If you want a confusing array of features, unchangabke sights,
    trigger guard shapes, different rails, etc. not offered a single version the buyer wants,
    Go Beretta.

Want a PCC or AR mag rifle with sub optimal ergs and features that will have little factory support, no aftermarket, expensive parts when available, and end up being discontinued, go Beretta.

Hell, they are on what, like their third version of a tactical SA shotgun in like a decade.
    Alright Beretta might not make the versions of the guns it should but to say that Beretta quality is questionable and champion CZ is just hilarious

I have seen multiple CZ's in stores that had canted hammers. How the hell does that even make it out of the factory? CZ quality is not that great otherwise people wouldn't drop so much money on CGW/CZcustom parts. The design is also inherently prone to failure with the slide stop and the trigger return spring. The CZ control locations are pretty bad on top of that. The grip size is also pretty damn small even with the adjustable back strap models.

The CZ rami is subcompact but still not that small and Beretta DOES have the nano. The 92 compact is large but the px4 compact is more reasonable.

For $1200 you can get either a shadow custom or a brig tac, both are arguably good guns but the Beretta is probably better quality, less prone to breaking parts, and isn't as heavy... The Beretta also likely works better for people with large hands.

Feedback Score
    I have about three dozen Berettas.
    I am not commenting on the quality of your typical 92.
    I am commenting on their lack of focus on their flagship.

Any other major manufacturer, you can get a full sized threaded barrel version with suppressor height night sights,
    An out of the box game gun, a service pistol, a compact version, and a sub compact version. Sharing mag family compatibility.
    In DA/SA metal guns,
    I was using CZ, a relative newcomer to the market as an example.

With Beretta you have a non updated flag ship.
    A failed 90 two update.
    No available commander/centurion version. ( which is virtually no difference from the full sized)
    No or limited availability compact guns, with a side / barrel from the centurion. Not even really compact guns.
    No sub compact upper version.
    Changeable front sight guns not available in G configuration.
    G configuration guns only with the fixed front sight.
    A nice railed M9A1 update, but with a fixed front sight and no G configuration.

A sub compact polymer framed hammer fired gun,
    That was a market and function failure.

A rotating barrel non 92 mag compatible fun that gave you a compact and sub compact model, so service pistol length model, and failed with only Turkey clones now back on the market.

A polymer framed hammer fired rotating barrel line without 92 mag compatibility.
    That failed to remain in service due to issues with initial departments with the full sized version. That had a recall due to function issues with the compact version when it was brought out. And whose sub compact version is huge, and not even the same operating system.

Do I need to go into the Nanos reliability history reputation, that it's not the same line, etc?

If I want a compact gun for CC,
    I can walk into any gun store and walk out with a Glock, M&P, XD, CZ, etc.

When I decide I want a sub compact version I can go get one from the same line magazine family.

When I decide I want a full sized version for home defense, ditto.

When I decide I want to try SSP or production I can use my HD gun, or get an off the shelf game version.

Then I can decide to get the same gun out of the box with a threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights, etc.

With beretta I can't even get an off the shelf game gun, full sized gun in G configuration with changeable front sight, etc.

The ARX was brought to market with QC issues, and basic stuff like sling attachments from the 1950s and cheek weld a foot below LoS.

Beretta has lost a decade or more of inroads in the hugely expanded CC market and increased gun game market.
    CZ was on it.

CZs issues tend to be due to keep up production with demand and keep up QC as demand has grown.

Berettas issues tend to be putting out lines with function and reliability issues that nobody wanted and ignoring their flagship as it fades into irrelevance.

How the living monkey Fvck did that even go down.
    Ok, or 90 two update had a stupid name, fashion designer contracted looks, slick grips, and was a failure.

I would like to make a sub compact, 92 mag compatible CC gun, with a different manual of arms, a polymer frame, crappy grip material, and make it wider than a 92 and have reliability issues. Oh, it failed.

Well, remember that rotating barrel gun that did not take 92 mags and failed?
    I want to combine the rotating barrel, non 92 mag compatibility, of that, take the slick grips of and designer fashion company looks of the failed 90 two, which is the same company we did the fashion looks of the 9000 with, that also had grip issues, and combine in that polymer framed hammer fired concept, so we basically incorporate features of the failed 90 two update with the failed cougar line and the failed 9000 line,
    And make a new line of pistols.

When introduced,
    They will have issues that immediately make any department that fielded them get rid of them,
    And have a recall on them.

When they have failed to develop any serious following or adoption after a decade,
    We will double down on our commitment to the line.

Any questions?

No,
    No,
    We will not do something crazy like offer a g configuration 92 with changeable sights.
    No,
    We will not make an upper for the 92 compact frame that is shorter.
    No,
    We will not develop a polymer lower for the 92 upper than can have a smaller trigger guard and offset mag release. That would allow an actual subcompact frame fro 92s.
    Oh yes. We will sell the M9A3.
    No,
    Off course it will not be seen in G configuration. And I don't care if every other company makes a comparable gun for less money with more features, it does not need suppressor height or night sights. And why on earth would we make the barrels a touch longer to allow many popular suppressors to be used without a special adapter they may or may not make.

Quit asking all these stupid questions.
    Focus on what's important,
    We have to be ready to keep up with demand on these Nanos and PX4s.

Feedback Score
    I would like Black M9A3-G. Easy win-win for Beretta and consumer.
    Last edited by greyman556; 08-02-16 at 20:00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast