Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnold: The Vegetarian ....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    And why is that ?
    Because it's not superior to being an omnivore, which is in line with our physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Many people have ethical reasons for choosing vegetarian or vegan lifestyles which have nothing to do with nutrition or whatever other senseless "science" people with an agenda dream up.
    As I said:

"Most people should eat less meat and more plant based foods, which will be better for both health and the environment. "

And

"Arnold is right: Most people should eat less meat and more plant based foods (ye fruits and vegetables...) for both health and environmental reasons, but there's no reason what so ever to be a vegetarian, much less a vegan,"

I'm speaking from a human biology/physiology/health POV, not moral or ethical. Moral and ethical issues are not part of the equation in my write up in the OP and a totally different issue. Personally, I don't choose nutrition or health approaches based on "lifestyles." Your mileage may vary.

I could change it to:

"Arnold is right: Most people should eat less meat and more plant based foods (ye fruits and vegetables...) for both health and environmental reasons, but there's no reason what so ever to be a vegetarian, much less a vegan, unless it's for moral/ethical reasons and to get in on that morally superior hipster lifestyle of being a vegan"
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-26-16 at 18:46.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Meh, I try to balance my nutrition by adding "dark greens" as much as I can. Like the prepackaged "power greens" at the grocery store.

Because I prefer getting all the vitamins and anti-oxidants, etc.. that way vs. solely from my multi-vitamin.

But finding and eating enough plant protein to replace meat products? to support my fitness goals? HA!

I might consider it in a couple of decades though.

I am ashamed to say that I read summaries of that crappy China "Study" and was concerned about taking casein protein recently...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Most people should eat less meat and more plant based foods, which will be better for both health and the environment.
    .... uhhhhhhh but what about the studies out of the EU showing that supporting a pure vegetarian diet is actually more harmful and costly to the ecosystems and environment?

I'm not challenging you ... but rather their estimation that a plant-based diet has less impact overall. And I only mention to add to the discussion.

That said, I do eat as you suggest, rarely have red meat, maybe 1X per month. We eat nothing processed less products like cheese and almond milk, but no processed foods and we consume tons of vegetables, fruits and high protein grains like quinoa and chia seed. We also support a local organic farm exchange and get our weekly allotment from them.

This has now led to me taking an interest in growing my own veggies and next season I'll be putting multiple raised planters out in my yard.
    Last edited by Lefty223; 06-27-16 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    .... uhhhhhhh but what about the studies out of the EU showing that supporting a pure vegetarian diet is actually more harmful and costly to the ecosystems and environment?
    There's no recs by me for going vegan per prior comments. I have seen the reports that it may also be an environmental negative. When you show those to a vegan, they will put their fingers in the ears and go "la la la I can't hear you" similar to telling them eating as their physiology dictates - as an omnivore - is superior for health.

Vegans are almost as annoying as ant gun types and will approach the topic is a similar way, avoiding all facts and data that does not fit their biased view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    I do eat as you suggest, rarely have red meat, maybe 1X per month. Nothing processed for any foods and tons of vegetables and fruits. We also support a local organic farm exchange and get our weekly allotment from them.
    Sounds like you're doing it right. On red meat, check out:

Red Meat and Health – have we been blaming the wrong thing?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

I MUST be getting older... I actually find myself craving salads weekly... and WITHOUT blue cheese dressing!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I MUST be getting older... I actually find myself craving salads weekly... and WITHOUT blue cheese dressing!
    I love a good salad myself, more so over the years, so may been an age related thing.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    He's been a soft sell out for awhile now. Miss his pumping iron days.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    He's been a soft sell out for awhile now. Miss his pumping iron days.
    Conan The Barbarian is now Conan The Low Testosterone Vegetarian. I kid.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    - Cameron is a useful idiot. Yeah, let's "respect" China for it's "global leadership", as it cares so much about the environment. Jesus H. Christ. It's like I'm on crazy pills.
    - As for Arnold, it was difficult watching this. A great man reduced to shilling for Communism and Vegetarianism. Sad. Not sure if it's for the money, peer pressure, or what, but sad.

Does anybody actually believe that these people (Arnold, Cameron, members of the Chinese government, etc.) don't eat meat themselves??? Seriously. They tell people to not eat meat (for reasons I'll get into below), but we all know that they gorge themselves on expensive steaks, various meat delicacies (likely including rare endangered species) and get flown and driven around on private jets and SUVs.
    But, yeah, lay off the fossil fuels there, lowly peasants.

The no meat, go veggie thing, I believe, is being pushed as part of a broader plan to emasculate, pacify and neuter the populace into submissive sheep - yes, I am being serious - something they have largely succeeded doing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I honestly have been eating an almost vegetarian diet. It is not by choice, after I hit all my macro's there is very little left in the calorie bank to splurge on beef. Id have that once every two week freak outs where I go and get a 9oz filet tho.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast