Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise last part needed for AR9

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)

Advise last part needed for AR9

I have the factory 16" PSA upper, a stripped PSA Glock lower and build parts. The only question left is will a standard carbine spring work with my 8.5 oz Q buffer or do I need to buy an extra power? Somewhere I got the impression the stronger spring was more a short barrel requirement.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I ran a standard carbine spring with no issues

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thanks. Now that I have it done, I'm not that excited about it. Might just sell it and put the cash towards a Scorpon SBR when/if they become available.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Same conclusion I came to after building mine.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    One further question. Did your bolt lock back with the charging handle? My BCG withdraws almost 1/4" too short to catch. If so it seems odd to even have a bolt catch installed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is your buffer longer than the standard buffer? Mine was a kit and worked like a clock.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thanks. That was it. I had the heavy, longer Q buffer in it. What weight regular sized worked for you? Is it special to the 9mm or can I use one of my spares. PSA is out of stock and no specs listed.
    Last edited by uffdaphil; 06-28-16 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It was heavy one. H3 I think. I'll see if I can dig up the specs. H3 it was.
    Last edited by misfit47; 06-28-16 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    But just a standard AR 15 buffer, right? I have most weights up to H3.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yup. Just heavier than standard. Think it's 5.6oz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast