Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P 9c for CCW

Feedback Score
    The biggest complaints I read about with the triggers is reset, or lack of. Mine is extremely difficult to feel. I take my finger off the trigger every shot so it's irrelevant. I never understood how it impacts ones shooting.

Mine has gotten much smoother over time, but I also practice dry fire ing by smashing the trigger to the rear, so I don't notice the take up or break.

If you don't want to torque the gun while shooting .2 sec splits, you need to practice like youre shooting .2 sec splits. I'm not a geat shooter, but that's my reasoning for not caring about triggers, unless it's so heavy it's slowing you down. I'd have to get a heavy trigger and timer to see at what point the wheels fall off.

Feedback Score
    I'm a big M&P fan. I have a full size M&P 9, a Shield 9, I bought my wife a Shield 9, and my dad bought a Shield 9 on my recommendation. I personally feel that the Shield is the best single stack 9mm ccw pistol out there right now. That all being said if I was going to carry something larger it would be the Sig P320 compact. I rented one at the range a couple of weeks back and was amazed by it. Every bit as good if not better ergonomics as the M&P, points great, accurate, and the trigger is out of the box better than any of my M&Ps or my Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    don't remember asking you

since I have been carrying a gun for 40 or so years didn't think I had to check with someone on a gun board. why dont u dial it down a little and be more polite. it may not be for u. I hate Glocks and don't shoot them well. not for me but I don't disrespect the 1,000's that stake their lives in them. seems u are out in the cold by yourself. l.o.l.

carbine357
    Last edited by carbine357; 07-07-16 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine357 View Post
    don't remember asking you

since I have been carrying a gun for 40 or so years didn't think I had to check with someone on a gun board. why dont u dial it down a little and be more polite. it may not be for u. I hate Glocks and don't shoot them well. not for me but I don't disrespect the 1,000's that stake their lives in them. seems u are out in the cold by yourself. l.o.l.

carbine357
    ....?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    ....?
    I can guarantee that was in response to my post on page 1, but the gentleman doesn't know how to use the quote system.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score

Carry the 9C, used to carry the Shield 9

I purchased 2 NIB Shield 9's about 16 months ago. Both of the triggers were horrible, I mean very bad. My first M&P was the 9L which I had to get the newer sear so I could install the Apex Tactical FSS & Trigger kit ( pre-ordered and took a chance ). The Apex FSS was VERY good. I've owned 3-4 M&P9 FS's and 3 M&P9C's ( One point owned a G23 Gen3 with factory 3.5 lb. trigger job like 10 yrs ago IIRC ).

I got the Shield 9 so I would have a lighter more concealable gun. Problem is I have major neck and back problems ( 3 hr. routine after I wake up so I can somewhat function for the day ). I liked the Shield initially at the 4 o'clock position. Turns out it really started hurting my lower back more, even after cranking up my TENS unit. So I had to start carrying it at 6 o'clock. Which I do not like, but it's what I need to work with for now ( looking into Appendix carry ). I decided that if I am going to carry behind my back then I might as well carry the 9C and have more rounds and get 4-5 FS 17 round mags with the X-Grip. So that's what I did.
    I had a 3 yr. old M&P9C with Apex DCAEK and polymer trigger. I got 2 NIB M&P9C's last October '15 or so. The triggers on both were MUCH improved. On a 2012 M&P9 FS I did the Dan Burwell trigger job (downloaded PDF doc many years ago). It turned out fantastic, well except for the over-travel and pre-travel, but that's where Apex Tactical comes in. I got a brand new M&P9 FS in June '16 and did a blind test with the triggers. My older FS ( that I worked on ) was just a little bit better, the newest M&P9 FS was MUCH improved, it was hard for me to tell, which says A LOT.

I am happy with the M&P9C that I carry (just put on night sights at LGS where got new FS and had night sights put on that too). However, 6 weeks ago for 3 weeks I was seriously looking into pocket pistols since it would be nice to wear certain items of clothing and still have at least a handgun on me. I'll probably just get a true pocket pistol eventually instead of a Walther PPS M2 or Shield again. Well I may just get the Shield because it's an M&P and it Always cycled my reloaded 2.5gr TiteGroup with 147gr bullets with the stock guide rod and spring ( which surprised me ). The pocket pistol will probably be a very, very small 9mm or more likely .380. With the 380 I'll just have to use wussy recoil rounds so I can actually practice with the damn thing ( or want to because of my neck ).

With Active Shooters and/or Terrorists I opted for the extra capacity. I carry a spare 12 round in my TENS unit belt holder which works good. I should look into a mag pouch for a FS 17rd mag, but with the TENS unit and cell phone on my belt ( the 6" phone is very, very cumbersome with a handgun (positioned anywhere) and a TENS unit, my smaller 4.5"-4.6" is still a PITA while carrying ).
    Last edited by Skunk Pilot; 08-27-16 at 12:33. Reason: spelling
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I’ve had a 9c for 4 years, no problems what so ever. The factory trigger is comparable to a 5.5lb Glock but with a slightly longer and less positive re-set. Still very shoot-able.

Feedback Score
    Happy with my 9c. Only mods to date are Tru-Glo TFX sights. Carry IWB in a Comp-Tac Minatour.

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying both the fullsize and compact since they first came out. Over time I learned that I had no practical use for the compact. IWB/OWB, the fullsize carries just as well...better actually because the barrel length keeps the grip from tilting out. If I can conceal the compact, the fullsize is just as concealable whatever the situation. If I need something smaller than the fullsize, I need something smaller than the compact as well. So, although my M&P compacts were functionally great pistols, I've sold them all and either carry the fullsize or something smaller (e.g., Shield/G43). If you don't like the trigger, they are rather easy to smooth up or otherwise change parts out. I really, really like the M&P pistols...get the trigger where you like it, and put some good sights on it (I prefer the 10-8 rear with green fiber optic front) and it's a great machine.

Feedback Score
    Pretty popular gun. Inexpensive, reliable, accurate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123