Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9c for CCW

Feedback Score
    I carry a 40c and love it. My favorite carry gun. I don't know how it compares to the 9c, but the trigger in mine is very good for a box-stock striker gun. Very sharp, audible click when it breaks.

It can be finicky about ammo however, so I stick with gold dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My M&PC came with a reasonable trigger, as good as a Glock. I can't attest to other trigger pulls but it was not bad. I did change out to an Apex and have been very happy with it.
    As far as shootability it shot 11/2" 25 yard 3 shot groups with my 146 gr. handload right out of the box. I plan to work on some 10 shot groups soon to see what it can do.
    You will be very happy with the M&PC, mine is 9mm.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    an mp9c was my first ccw. good pistol with the caveat that there are other pistols a little more size efficient for the same capacity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've carried and shot M&Ps for quite some time. FS on the range and C for carry.
    A while back I started running my full size slide on my compact frame, and I'm never going back. If bees had knees they would be made of that set up.

I ran factory triggers, found if you just shoot the crap out of them they get very good.
    Ameriglo pro dots.
    Compact mag in the gun, full size spare.
    Please ignore stippling, that was a first attempt at it 4 or 5 years ago.

Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpittinger View Post
    I've carried and shot M&Ps for quite some time. FS on the range and C for carry.
    A while back I started running my full size slide on my compact frame, and I'm never going back. If bees had knees they would be made of that set up.

I ran factory triggers, found if you just shoot the crap out of them they get very good.
    Ameriglo pro dots.
    Compact mag in the gun, full size spare.
    Please ignore stippling, that was a first attempt at it 4 or 5 years ago.

You know, re: the trigger, that's a great point. I dry fire the SHIT out of mine...like everyday kinda shit. If I'm watching tv, I'm df, so a couple hours a day. The trigger on mine has vastly improved over time.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Practice makes the best polish

Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    If the trigger is the only thing your worried about I was told by a S&W tech I know that all of this years guns come with the same triggers as the pros.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpittinger View Post
    Practice makes the best polish

True dat...

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying a 9c for years. Once I added a Apex DCAEK kit, it became my favorite carry piece. I had a Shield for a while, but sold it. I didn't find the Shield to be that much more concealable than the 9C, and found the grip a little to thin on the Shield for comfortable shooting.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I wouldnt say Im worried about the trigger...just wanted to get some info from guys who own them. I know how online forums can be...Ive read plenty about how terrible triggers are on forums only to find they work perfectly fine for my needs (my HK USPs in particular). However there does seem to be an abundance of M&P Trigger woes.

Im sure it'll be just fine for me, and it seems the Apex kits are an easy fix if I find I dont like it.

I'm going to shop around and pick one up in the coming days. Now I'll just need a holster...I've got one of Al Latours custom IWB holsters being made right now for the Shield so if I like that I may get a second one for the M&P compact...seems to be nothing but good reviews from those holsters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast