Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cliffnotes: Buy one. You won't regret it.

In my opinion it's the best factory 92 variant Beretta has ever made. I know that will surely offend the die hard 92G-SD fans, but there it is. I enjoy my Brigadier slide guns, but they can be a bit..."bouncier" when shooting at speed compared to the standard width/weight slide. The factory Trijicon night sights are excellent; front sight isn't too wide and has a white ring around the tritium vial to draw your eye to the front sight. The rear sights are tritium vials with no white outline. The threaded barrel is a bonus, as is the D spring, extended magazine release, steel trigger, (3) 17rd. sand resistant magazines and the 3-slot Pic rail. I have M-L hands, so I prefer the rubber overmold grip that is included with the A3. But for people with smaller hands, the Vertec frame is what they have been missing.

I own several Berettas (Elite II, WC Brig Tac, WC Compact Carry, 92 Centurion) and the A3 is my nightstand and go-to HD pistol. Will be buying a 9mm suppressor for it soon. The only thing I've done to the A3 so far is order a Wilson fluted guide rod and install a Shok-Buff (both unnecessary but I wanted them). I do have an Elite II hammer and a WC 13# hammer spring en-route...my WC Berettas with the Action Tune have spoiled me. Other than that my M9A3 will stay stock. I'll most likely pick up another A3 in the coming months. I'm going to do the same minimal modifications to it as my current A3, and I'll probably install a Wilson Battlesight rear, red fiber optic front and a 11.5# recoil spring. I'll use that A3 primarily in training classes and for a few USPSA and other pistol matches in my area.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 01-29-17 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    ^I agree, with the decock only conversion installed it's probably the best Beretta 92 variant for me.

Last edited by QuickStrike; 01-30-17 at 23:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hopefully i get mine this coming week.

Trading my MK25 for it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    Hopefully i get mine this coming week.

Trading my MK25 for it
    Ah, so you are trading? Nice. The MK25 is a nice gun, but I feel the M9A3 has more going for it. My 13# hammer spring and Elite II hammer are en route

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sold all my Sigs and now I have a Beretta 92G-SD. No Ragrets.

If they ever make a black M9A3, I will be in for one as well.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 02-01-17 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What do you use for holsters? I like mine, but have difficulty finding holsters. I tried Safariland SLS/ALS holster marked for a Vertec, but unable to get a smooth draw.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Beretta M9A3

Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    What do you use for holsters? I like mine, but have difficulty finding holsters. I tried Safariland SLS/ALS holster marked for a Vertec, but unable to get a smooth draw.
    Is the threaded barrel giving you the holster issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 02-04-17 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not with the Safariland that I have. It has an open bottom. I suspect the pic rail on the gun catches on the modular retention insert of the holster. I am able to get a smooth draw about 70-80% of the time.

Feedback Score
    Looks like the M9A3 has made it's Hollywood debut:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/24:_Legacy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like the M9A3 has made it's Hollywood debut:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/24:_Legacy
    I was going to post exactly this. Spotted the M9A3 in the 24 Legacy Super Bowl TV spot.

It took them long enough but it looks like Beretta is on track for making their pistols more consumer friendly. I have been thinking about picking one of these up now but I think I'll wait and get a G model. I always hated that safety/decocker on my 92FS.
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast