Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: B&T's NEW GHM9!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looking for input and opinion from folks that have experience with B&T. I am very interested and deciding between this and the APC9. It will be used as a range fun gun and possible HD. I also live in a state that is not SBR-friendly. I don't know if the cost of the APC9 over the GHM9 is worth it. I can immediately buy more mags and possible optic of I get the GHM9. Is the APC9 a better gun overall for my intended use? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    I would go with the APC9 over the current generation GHM9. There have been a few recent reviews and reports that like the P26, the GHM9 does not reliably feed flat nose or hollow point ammunition, I have yet to hear of, read or experience any such issues with the APC9.

From the reports I have read, the gun runs 100% with ball ammo. If you can live with ball ammo for home defense, it’s going to be more range toy than home defense gun and the price is a significant factor go for it, I’m absolutely sure it will be a great range gun with one of the soon to be released braces designed for it.

Feedback Score
    I have both the APC9 and the GHM9. The APC is reliable with all ammo I've tried including flat nose 147gr ball. The GHM9 is just the same quality of build, fit, and finish so a bargain at $1250.00 compared to $1950+. I have only run 147 hrs flat nose and 115gr ball ammo through the GHM9 and it will not feed the flat nose. It end up nose up smashed vertically between the bolt and chamber face. Runs ball ammo wonderfully well. If you want to run hollow point I'd pick one with a rounded profile and try that. I plan to try several others and keep a log of what runs and what doesn't. Not a giant issue but will need to find what runs hollow point wise. There aren't a lot of good Brace options for the GHM9 yet but the APC is great with the SB Tactical brace. So if you decide to go GHM9 you'll need to experiment to find the right HP ammo and might be another month or two for braces to start hitting the market. Atlantic has a brace adaptor for the GHM9 now but others will follow. The APC9 is so nice I traded a used Scar16 for it. Best 9mm semi pistol/Carbine out there IMHO.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by michealj View Post
    I would go with the APC9 over the current generation GHM9. There have been a few recent reviews and reports that like the P26, the GHM9 does not reliably feed flat nose or hollow point ammunition, I have yet to hear of, read or experience any such issues with the APC9.

From the reports I have read, the gun runs 100% with ball ammo. If you can live with ball ammo for home defense, it’s going to be more range toy than home defense gun and the price is a significant factor go for it, I’m absolutely sure it will be a great range gun with one of the soon to be released braces designed for it.
    B&T's are setup for European LE/MIL. They shoot FMJ. So some HP's might not feed.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for all the feedback. I’m new to subguns and only experience is with a HK SP5K that I’ve had for over a year. Fun to shoot with the brace. Hard to decide and wish I could have both APC9 and GHM9. @10X-Shooter, which one do you grab first when going to the range and if you could only have one, which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Bogartino, I shoot the APC9 more than any of my toys. It's reliable, feels great, accurate, small package, and takes the shape of the larger HK UMP/FN Scar/CZ Bren and adds Swiss perfection to the already attractive firearm.
    Last edited by 10X-Shooter; 11-21-17 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks 10X-Shooter. I also want to mention that I called B&T yesterday in my quest to get as much info as possible in deciding between the 2. I didn’t get to talk with Tim, the main sales guy but the person I talked to told me that they are aware of JHP reliability issues with the GHM9 and are coming up with a replacement feed ramp.

Feedback Score
    That's great news (as I expected). Thanks for sharing that. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the B&T offerings. The USW is intriguing. I am on my second Sphinx SDP Subcompact and they appear to use the Sphinx as the base for the USW. I really want the APC223 but I think the wife would protest to add a third B&T so soon. To be fair regarding my pick to go out the door with, I've only had the GHM9 a couple of weeks. Uses the same lower as the APC and also uses the same hydraulic buffer but on the rear of the bolt.

https://i.imgur.com/hgDH313.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/fTpsbHt.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/GjoKQfJ.jpg

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Those look awesome! Thanks for sharing. Sent you a PM 10X-Shooter

Feedback Score
    MAC posted a video on the GHM9
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEk9PkMu84

Looks awesome - didn't know I wanted a PCC until now
    I'll buy it if I can get it with the collapsible brace like MAC is using. The current side folding brace looks real bulky.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast