Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: B&T's NEW GHM9!

Feedback Score
    Got a present from grant in the mail today. The internal machining on this is a work of art.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Congratulations. That looks awesome!! Did you order the tail hook brace and folding brace assembly from Grant as well? Don’t see it on his site. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogartino View Post
    Congratulations. That looks awesome!! Did you order the tail hook brace and folding brace assembly from Grant as well? Don’t see it on his site. Thanks in advance.
    Ordered the tailhook direct from gearhead works, and the folding brace assembly from Techsmith
    https://techsmithmfg.com/shop?olsPag...te-no-tailhook

I was originally gonna wait for the collapsible stock to come, but figured I would try this set up first since its available now. Just got it put together, and its a good setup. We'll see how it goes shooting.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. Please let us know how the tail hook and brace assembly holds up shooting. I was debating between the GHM9 and APC9 back around Thanksgiving last year and ended up with the APC9 due to lack of brace availability and issue with HP ammo at the time with the GHM9. I still want one.

Feedback Score
    Ran 100 rds through it today. 50 Aguila 124g, 30 Freedom Munitions 124g, and 20 Speer Gold Dot 124g. Was on my way to work so didnt have much time. All ran good, no issues.

I like the folding tailhook brace. The only problem I figured out after the first mag or 2 was the hook that you put on the end to allow to tailhook to lock in the folded position.... it beats into my collarbone when firing. I am a lefty, so it might not be a problem shooting off the right shoulder.

Gonna run it as is for a bit, trying different positions in my left shoulder. I'll probably get the collapsible brace kit when thats available to give it a shot. There is no hook sticking out on that one.

Feedback Score
    Few extra thoughts...

The GHM9 is a little heavier than I thought it would be. I knew it would not be particularly light, but you can feel the heft after awhile.

My maglula mag loader doesent fit the mags.... really the only disappointment so far.

Will need to get a flash hider or some muzzle device. Note: I shot it out of the box, and the thread protector will come loose after 1 mag.
    Thinking flash hider since this will be used for HD once I get enough rds through it.

With the bolt locked back and the charging handle on the right side, you cannot lock the folding brace in the folded position.

Overall very nice - looking forward to putting more rds downrange with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the review and glad it ran great for you. I thought I read or watched a video somewhere that the GHM9 came with a B&T mag loader. I could be wrong. I know my APC9 didn’t come with one. I have a B&T mag loader specific to HK MP5 mags and they work great once you figure it out and regularly grease/oil rails. I know they also have one specific to B&T mags.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review and glad it ran great for you. I thought I read or watched a video somewhere that the GHM9 came with a B&T mag loader. I could be wrong. I know my APC9 didn’t come with one. I have a B&T mag loader specific to HK MP5 mags and they work great once you figure it out and regularly grease/oil rails. I know they also have one specific to B&T mags.
    Yeah it came with one. I spent a min trying to figure out how to work it, then gave up since I was limited on time. I'll see how it works next time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    B&T has a YouTube video on it. You have to have you’re rounds in a ammo tray and had to be loaded 5 rounds at a time. How it worked for me is that I lightly lube the rails of the loader. After the rounds are on the loader, I push it in the mag against a FLAT edge of a table/surface. I found that if the end is rounded or beveled, the rounds don’t slide into the mag smoothly. Check out B&T’s video.

Feedback Score
    B&T has a YouTube video on it. You have to have you’re rounds in a ammo tray and had to be loaded 5 rounds at a time. How it worked for me is that I lightly lube the rails of the loader. After the rounds are on the loader, I push it in the mag against a FLAT edge of a table/surface. I found that if the end is rounded or beveled, the rounds don’t slide into the mag smoothly. Check out B&T’s video.
    Figured out the loader works like a champ once you get the hang of it.

Another 200 rds down the pipe today - really liking the GHM9.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast