Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My first "Real" AK <3

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    That's cool. I'll check out one of the triggers you mentioned next time I'm near one. Most of my experience is with G2's. (single and double)
    G2's, in my experience, are horrible for any sort of precision. They have a lot of take up, a lot of overtravel, and the break is never predictable. The overtravel is what gets me on them. They aren't bad for general purpose, but they make life harder.

The ALG is better in every way, but it's still every bit similar... it's got a small amount of take up, overtravel, and a rolling break. Difference is, the weight and shorter travel overall make it a much easier trigger to manage for precise shooting. You still need to treat it like a single-stage and press, not squeeze (that's how you make it double), but it's an upgrade.

Arsenal triggers, as I said, are hit or miss. Some are just crunchy, heavy triggers that refuse to reset. But some are legitimately good triggers. The most recent ones I've bought from K-Var have been the best I've used, but be prepared to exchange it and find a good one. Slap some grease on it, and it'll work very well. I'm sure there are other triggers out there that work good, but I just haven't had to deviate from Arsenal or ALG. I'd also suspect that individual rifles have a lot to do with trigger quality, which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to trying CMC's... the trigger components are independent of the pin holes in the receiver, so they have control over how every trigger feels.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 07-03-16 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    Haven't seen a cmc trigger yet, but fix g2 triggers regularly.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Modified G2's are a step up, for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234