Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 tactical question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    One of the site members built a shroud to cover the back 3/4 of the bolt release. Makes it nearly impossible to accidentally bumping and releasing shells on the lifter. Can still use the unloading function by lifting up on the front of the release lever. Best of both worlds.

Somebody has a prototype shroud and replacement lever made from CNC aluminum.

Not sure if it is kosher to post links to other forums but a quick Google search for beretta 1301 pistol forum should get you there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    http://taudevgroup.com/1301/

It does not prevent the button from being pressed as designed for unloading, it simply "shrouds" the button to prevent you from unintentionally pressing it. It works...
    Last edited by BBossman; 06-30-16 at 17:32.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Great video highlighting a serious design flaw. NO way I could depend on that SG for a home defense roll with or without the shroud!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Yes I've searched - here and elsewhere. Nada. Many here are dialed in on recent updates, hence this post.
    Has anyone come across either a mod or parts swap that will eliminate the dreaded double-feed jam the 1301 is becoming infamous for?
    As retirement approaches, I so want to get a shotgun to start trying 3gun - and I'd love to get the 1301. However, as it would also do double duty as a HD weapon - the double feed issue is the deal breaker.
    TIA

john
    I really don't' think it is an issue (honestly). Its like of like riding the slide catch on a pistol and then wondering why the slide won't lock back. Operator error and NOT the weapons fault.

We stock the 1301 and offer member discounts on them if interested.

C4

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I really don't' think it is an issue (honestly). Its like of like riding the slide catch on a pistol and then wondering why the slide won't lock back. Operator error and NOT the weapons fault.

C4
    Most situations I've read about involved barrier positions activating the button.
    john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Most situations I've read about involved barrier positions activating the button.
    john
    Again, I look at that as when you are shooting your AR15 in urban prone (with the ejection port facing done on the ground). You have to be aware that a case bouncing back up into the receiver is an issue (and take steps to stop it from happening).

C4

Feedback Score

C4
    You would be wrong. If you actually had one you would see that it is a design flaw with the larger "lever" like bolt release. even a slight bump or in my case using the bolt release to chamber a round then produced an unintended double feed, to say its operator error with lots of people experiencing it is rather like Beretta's response, always blame the customer. my fix was to get a TX4 round button to replace the flawed lever which has worked great. here is another remedy that seems to work also. http://taudevgroup.com/1301/
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    You would be wrong. If you actually had one you would see that it is a design flaw with the larger "lever" like bolt release. even a slight bump or in my case using the bolt release to chamber a round then produced an unintended double feed, to say its operator error with lots of people experiencing it is rather like Beretta's response, always blame the customer. my fix was to get a TX4 round button to replace the flawed lever which has worked great. here is another remedy that seems to work also. http://taudevgroup.com/1301/
    No. We are a Beretta distributor and know lots of people that run this gun. No problems.

For the record, if people want to modify their weapons, I don't care. I just don't see any problems with the design.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    No. We are a Beretta distributor and know lots of people that run this gun. No problems.

For the record, if people want to modify their weapons, I don't care. I just don't see any problems with the design.

C4

so because you are a Beretta distributor, therefore there is no problem?, and the fact that someone actually MAKES a product to remedy the issue means there is still no problem? kind of like GM denying the fact that there were issues with hundreds of thousands of ignitions doesn't mean it doesn't exist. so you are actually trying so say its not a Beretta issue but a user induced malfunction despite the contrary evidence? WOW, that is some great product bump for sure...........
    Last edited by mew; 07-09-16 at 17:52.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Beretta 1301 tactical question

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    so because you are a Beretta distributor, therefore there is no problem?, and the fact that someone actually MAKES a product to remedy the issue means there is still no problem? kind of like GM denying the fact that there were issues with hundreds of thousands of ignitions doesn't mean it doesn't exist. so you are actually trying so say its not a Beretta issue but a user induced malfunction despite the contrary evidence? WOW, that is some great product bump for sure...........
    One of my favorite sayings I used to tell my students is; "Just because Magpul makes it, doesn't mean you should put it on your gun!"

Companies make all kinds of crap for every gun out there. I guesstimate that 80% of it is crap. To each there own, but from my POV, it is a not issue.

C4

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mew - ease off the personal remarks. This is the only warning you are going to get.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast