Thread: HiTek Bullet Coating

Feedback Score

HiTek Bullet Coating

I'm just wondering if anyone here has used this coating and what their results were. http://hi-performancebulletcoatings.com/

I'm thinking about ordering some of it and trying it out.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been using Bayou Bullets version of these, same coating. I love them. No leading in a stock Glock barrel, accurate in both my M&P and Glock. No filthy fingers when reloading, no smoke. Big win in my book.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I've been using Bayou Bullets version of these, same coating. I love them. No leading in a stock Glock barrel, accurate in both my M&P and Glock. No filthy fingers when reloading, no smoke. Big win in my book.
    Same here.....my preferred bullets for loading.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I do, mostly for handgun boolits, but also playing with rifle as well. Works great and as mentioned, it's the same that Bayou uses, that's where I get the coating..
    Beware of Dog. Shoots to kill...

Feedback Score
    Good to know about the stock Glock barrel. I have two Glocks to load for, my wife's 19 and my 21 and my 9mm AR.

Sticky what rifle caliber are you experimenting with? I wouldn't think it could withstand high velocity rifle but I'm wondering if this coating could withstand .300 BLK velocity or possibly 30-30.
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 06-30-16 at 22:37.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    It's works well if it's used as designed. It's not a cure-all if you are running bullets that aren't properly size to your bore. They also have to be loaded a bit differently than fmj loads, namely separate seating and crimping operations and no Lee FCD's. Seating and crimping at the same time can cause scraping of the coating. The Lee FCD can resize cast bullets due to the carbide sizing ring at the base of the die. I use my coated bullets in all of my pistol loads now and I normally shoot indoors if that tells you anything about the success of the coating when properly applied.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 07-01-16 at 04:04.

Feedback Score
    I have run them in 300blk and I am also experimenting with 308, though at somewhat reduced velocities. I would think they'd be fine for 30-30 as well.. As noted, you do have to take a little care in loading them, I also use a lee expanding die with Noe expanders to flare and expand the case mouths for them.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone here has used this coating and what their results were. http://hi-performancebulletcoatings.com/

I'm thinking about ordering some of it and trying it out.
    I took a good look at them and they seem like decent bullets & I have heard good reports about them and see multiple guys using them thar colored bullets @ matches. For me its all about $$$ first and then if they don't shoot good I snoop around for other choices. Anyways for the price which ends up being a dollar or two less shipped I use Xtreme & RMR 95% of the time and also Berrys on occasion, Berrys are a bit more though,all are the plated bullets & I use them in my 9mm's and 45ACPs. Shoot great with 0 leading and very accurate out of all my guns. Xtreme does charge $5 bucks for shipping but RMR is always Free ! Xtreme is running free shipping this weekend. That's my 2cents worth,,LOL If you could pick them up in person then they would be a steal @ $68 bucks for 124 9mm,,but for me shipping brought them up to $83 bucks,so its very close to my other choices.

Feedback Score
    The order came in. I ordered the powder that already has the hardener catalyst mixed in. Watched a few videos on the product and read the instructions provided a few times. I applied two coats of the product and baked them per instructions. I've performed the recommended tests of wiping the cured bullets with an acetone dipped rag and none of the color came off. Did the single blow smash test with a 4lb hammer and saw no flaking of the coating at all. Ran the first bullet through the sizing die and none of the coating was removed. Pretty impressive considering I ran a coated .312 bullet through a .309 sizing die.

I'll be coating a couple hundred .45 bullets next.

Next step will be a test of how they actually perform.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I use the same, just mix with acetone and coat. I coat twice normally, just to ensure a complete coating... it has worked well for me and I also do some tumble PC, which works equally well, but the Hi-Tek looks better...

011c1ee2039646a257a78e1219fac0eb099edf1d49 (800x525).jpg

014c75252be9f888287934fd1afac5f610bdb855e3 (800x560).jpg

IMG_1977small.jpg