Thread: Need a new barrel for my 9mm AR pattern rifle

Feedback Score

Need a new barrel for my 9mm AR pattern rifle

Some years ago I had a friend build me a sweet 9mm suppressed SBR.

Unfortunately, I've moved to a state that does not allow SBR's or suppressors. :-(
    So... I am in search of a quality 16" barrel for this gun so I can continue to shoot it at my new range.

The 9mm build started with a CMMG stripped upper and uses a CMMG enhanced ramped 9mm bolt.
    The lower has a VM Hy-Tech mag block in a standard S&W AR lower, and the mag block accepts un-modified Uzi mags.
    The use of unmodified Uzi mags is an absolute requirement for this gun.

I want this barrel to be 16" total length, and as light as possible.
    Searching online, I've found a few candidates, like this one from Ballistic Advantage...
    http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inc...rn-barrel.html

Thing is, every barrel I have found has been threaded, which ads to the length and the ultimately, the weight.
    Honestly, I don't think this gun needs a flash hider or a comp for range use.
    For that matter, my semi-auto Uzi has a 16" barrel with a simple crown (no threads), and it shoots sweet.
    I would be happy to find a slick barrel for this gun.

If I must put a muzzle device on this barrel (because nobody offers a barrel without threads), can I get a 14.5" barrel with a pinned lightweight 9mm comp like the BC 1.5 TiTan?
    Do I have any other options in the 9mm world?

Updating the barrel on my .223/5.56 SBR to be a 16.1" compliant gun is simple compared to this 9mm. :-(
    "Keep your teeth sharp Wolverines."
    - Whiskey2

Feedback Score
    I bought a Kaw Valley light weight 4150 QPQ finished barrel from JoeBobs and am very happy with it. I later learned that Faxon actually produces these barrels for Kaw Valley and was even happier with my purchase. And the price was right as well.http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_...9mm-bbl-16.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk