Thread: Hammer/trigger pin fit?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Hammer/trigger pin fit?

I did my first lower assembly yesterday -- surprised how easy it was! I didn't even launch any springs or detents. My question is, how tightly should the hammer/trigger pins fit in the lower? I'm a little concerned with how little force it took to push them in, but perhaps it's a little unfounded. Is there a function check to ensure they're tight enough? They're not as tight as my old RRA lower, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're loose.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They shouldn't be tight at all. Nor should they have play. They should be able to turn in the pin holes of the receiver. The springs in the lower detent them in place.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    As said the pins should fit and install with only hand pressure it shouldn't take a punch and hammer to remove/install them. You should be able to spin the pins within the lowers holes.

The hammer pin is held in by the J-spring that's inside the hammer.
    The trigger pin is held in by one leg of the hammer spring.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Excellent, thanks guys.
    I could tell the trigger pin was detented by the hammer spring but didn't catch the hammer pin being detented inside the hammer.
    --Josh H.