Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LW Commander

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger LW Commander

Just announced.

Anyone seen one yet?

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911...eets/6722.html
    Last edited by Tokarev; 07-02-16 at 11:23.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    No, but based on my great affection for my .45 cal version of the same pistol, this one is on my "list". Mine has just been perfect.

Skip

Feedback Score
    I have the full sized 5" Ruger 1911 and I love it. My next handgun purchase is/was going to be a full sized metal framed 9mm, as I only have polymer 3" +4" 9's. This now throws a wrench into my plans...........my short list was a SA Inc. Range officer Operator in 9mm, or a Beretta 92FS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guns are popping up for sale on GunBroker.com and are hovering around the $750-$775 range.

For not too much more--or maybe even a little less depending on model--I can get a Colt LW Commander. Still, I like the look of the new Ruger and have been very pleased with my previous SR1911 experiences.

I will continue to monitor prices and as soon as I can find a pistol for less than $700 I'll buy it.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does this pistol use a ramped barrel???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Does this pistol use a ramped barrel???
    Yes, I have seen picture of it disassembled and it sure looks ramped to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jeff Quinn's review.

https://youtu.be/XM15bGHl-RU

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw my first specimen today at Cabela's. The trigger had a small glitch about halfway through but broke fairly cleanly. The grip safety felt a little sloppy and slide to frame fit was a little loose as can be common on production grade 1911's.

The 2-tone finish is more a gray on gray and looks pretty nice.

I would have bought it except for the Cabela's price. It was about $150 above where it should be.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm hoping this will lead to a CCO-sized Ruger 1911.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'm hoping this will lead to a CCO-sized Ruger 1911.
    No reason it shouldn't. Ruger appears to be solidly behind the 1911 family.

Hopefully they'll skip the Officer and go right to the CCO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast