Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LW Commander

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No reason it shouldn't. Ruger appears to be solidly behind the 1911 family.

Hopefully they'll skip the Officer and go right to the CCO.

Yes, and in 9mm
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    We have one at our shop. It looks and feels solid. Slide is buttery smooth and the finish looks good. Waiting on someone to buy it so we can hear results!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I look forward to ypur range report

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Either you are like me and inexplicably buy a holster for every handgun you own, or you are having some great success with the new Ruger.

When you can, please fill us in on how the range trips are going.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    ...inexplicably buy a holster for every handgun you own...
    I always seem to buy a holster even if it is an inexpensive Kydex or something. I really find it hard to pass final judgment on a handgun without being able to carry it around a little and/or see how it feels and points when drawn.

Anyway, we have about 250 rounds through the Ruger now. I saw "we" because I've had a few co-workers pop a few rounds through it. We've all had good luck with it as far a reliability and there have been no failures to lock open, etc. So far the gun has seen WWB, Tula, reloads, Altanta Arms 115gr JHP match and some Ruger +P ARX ammo. It has fed and fired everything.

With that said, I have been using two Tripp 10rd mags with the gun and haven't yet tried the 2 9rd factory mags it shipped with. It may or may not make a difference in the feeding and reliability department.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is that a ramped barrel?
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. Wilson/Nowlin cut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast