Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Get home bag/ bob related question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lol. I carry two 2 40 ounce bottles in my car at all times I meant to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by El_Chingon; 01-17-18 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chingon View Post
    Can you carry a gallon of water if you had to walk home? a gallon of water weighs 8.3 pounds, that is a lot of weight if you had to carry it when walking home. I carry a gallon (plus) of water in my car as well, but If I had to walk home, I am not going to carry that much water. I live in the outskirts of Los Angeles and work in West Los Angeles (roughly 15 miles), and when we are hit with an earthquake, the roads will be most likely damaged, or blocked, so I most likely I will be walking home.
    I do, in fact, routinely backpack with 30-35 lbs of gear in the Osprey pack. That includes NO water. Water varies just like gear.
    But I wasn't saying what I or you should do. I was questioning the 40 Liters of water in your car. I get it now (thanks Chubbs103...). You meant ounces. My caffeine hadn't hit yet when I read that and I wasn't sure why you had so much water.

Personally, there are 5 in my family and yes, we usually have 2 (daughter) to 6 (me at 6'7" and 270lbs when in best form) LITERS each.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lol. My bad El C.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    no worries brother. my fault for not writing the correct info. I was drinking 40 liters of beer when I was writing it. lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lol. I carry two 2 40 ounce bottles in my car at all times I meant to say.

40L would fill the trunk
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    A get home bag is a great idea and every vehicle you own should have one. I have a GHB for the wife's car, mine and my truck, all having the same equipment for city use. I have one GHB/BOB that I use for longer trips, such as 100 mile plus.

Here is what I have, the ten "C"'s
    1. 50 feet of Paracord
    2. 2 40 Ouch klean kanteen. also a Jones Stephens 4-Way Valve Stem Lawn Faucet. and life straw
    3. ZT folding knife, a fixed blade. and a multi-tool
    4. 2-3 bic liters, and a fire striker
    5. one or two bandannas and/or a shemagh
    6. ~7-10 feet of duct tape
    7. Olight M1X Striker Compact light, with 3 sets of CR123 batteries
    8. Military Style Ripstop Nylon Poncho Size: 55 x 90
    9. Compass, and maps of my local areas.
    10. heavy duty sewing kit.

Extra stuff:

I have a medical kit for each vehicle. I have ETON FRX2 HAND TURBINE CRANK AM FM WEATHER RADIO.

Also, a pair of pants, long sleeve shirt, and sweater, two pairs of undergarments and two pairs of socks. and a pair of Merrell shoes. also, a pair of contacts, glasses, and medications.

Also have food, such as I have two MRE's in my vehicle, along with other package food items.

I carry most of my equipment in a Maxpedition Beefy Pocket Organizer Black. and all this in a Cannae Legion elite pack. With all my gear in my pack is weighing at 23.75 lbs. ~26lbs with water.
    Why three knives? I Love knives and remember well my team leader going through my pack and taking several spares out to be left in the rear. I did not need a Kbar an EK combat knife, Gerber boot knife!bayonet and leatherman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Why three knives? I Love knives and remember well my team leader going through my pack and taking several spares out to be left in the rear. I did not need a Kbar an EK combat knife, Gerber boot knife!bayonet and leatherman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Why not!! actually I have two knives, my ZT on me at all times, and fixed blade. I don't count my multi tool knife since it is only an inch long.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    40L would fill the trunk
    Hey, you cannot have too much water.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Why not!! actually I have two knives, my ZT on me at all times, and fixed blade. I don't count my multi tool knife since it is only an inch long.
    I know I'm just telling you how I was as a PFC!

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My GHB in the truck is an extra Medium ALICE pack without frame. Just have the straps with no waist belt. I've used GHB that do have waistbelts but usually just don't use them. Also not to worried about the waistbelt if it did go over a holstered gun as I would usually have a long gun in hand anyway. Its a secondary weapon after all.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast