Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get home bag/ bob related question.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Good man.

If I had to pick one item I never want to be away from it's a poncho.
    I'm surprised more people don't have the poncho/woobie combo in a BOB bag considering all one can do with that combo wight/space taken up.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm surprised more people don't have the poncho/woobie combo in a BOB bag considering all one can do with that combo wight/space taken up.
    Where did you pick it up?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Costellow View Post
    Where did you pick it up?
    Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably better sources and or prices, but I'm lazy and that one click option gets
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    You gotta check out the Kifaru Woobie. If you can get over the sticker shock, it's a great upgrade to the USGI Woobie and worth the cost IMO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    You gotta check out the Kifaru Woobie. If you can get over the sticker shock, it's a great upgrade to the USGI Woobie and worth the cost IMO.
    I have seen it, but yes, hard to justify the cost not having any experience comparing them.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think people WAY over complicate the bug out bag thing. For me a but out bag is my overnight to three day backpacking bag. Literally the exact same. All bugging out is is super secrete backpacking with a gun and increased emphasis on not becoming dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I think people WAY over complicate the bug out bag thing. For me a but out bag is my overnight to three day backpacking bag. Literally the exact same. All bugging out is is super secrete backpacking with a gun and increased emphasis on not becoming dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well... almost.

I think you have to consider that when you are 3 day backpacking, you are coming home in three days. For three days, one can do without a lot of things. If things are really so bad that one is "bugging out", then one has to consider there may not be anything to come home to in 3 days and there are a lot of things you may find yourself needing.

So not literally the exact same.

That said, to each his own. It isn't up to me to tell someone else what they need or not. Nor do I need someone else to tell me what I need or want. In the end, if the S really does HTF, then one will find out really fast what good or bad decisions they made. Hopefully, it doesn't cost them their life.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And forgetting what seems minor and ending up dead is why people over complicate it I'd guess, and of course there's an entire industry built on convincing you if you don't have "it" you're a dead man.

What do you have in you BOB?

What do people add to a BOB you feel is worthless/over complicated?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have seen it, but yes, hard to justify the cost not having any experience comparing them.
    Join the ranks of the gear whores- throw caution to the wind and just get it!
    I bought one of these last year based on comparison reviews alone vs the standard USGI woobie. Will see what it actually is worth once it gets colder around here, but as far as weight and packability- it's small[ish] and very light so... I like it already.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy357 View Post
    I was bored today and have been thinking about a get home type bag for the jeep. Nothing fancy. So I watched some videos and did some online research and have a question.

I see most of the folks that have a well thought out bag have a bag with a waist belt to distribute weight. But the same folks seem to have a pistol and ccw holster (either IWB or OWB) designed to ride on the regular ccw in the pants belt. Am I the only one who sees this as an issue? Am I missing something, or are these folks not thinking that far ahead?

Any suggestions to work around the issue, as I agree if the bag is that heavy a waist belt should help?
    Youtube is a great resource. For learning what NOT to do....
    As I'm sure you're aware, most folks out there "reviewing" things, especially in the "prepper/bugout" have likely never worn the thing out of their living room, or perhaps around the neighborhood once or twice, and likely never in the weight or configuration they *say* they plan on using it in....

The fact that you've thought it through enough to catch the fact that a waist belt is no beuno ICW a CCW setup is a good sign...
    I've literally heard people ask how to deconflict a pack waist belt with a battle belt....

Per sling bags and shoulder bags.... It's already been said but let me reiterate anyway.
    Load the thing up and then walk a ways in it. Do a bit of running as well (especially all those planning on using it as a combat BOB...).
    Then go get a normal pack and live happily ever after.

.... All bugging out is is super secrete backpacking with a gun and increased emphasis on not becoming dead.
    There's some truth to that....
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-10-16 at 12:16.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    The Kifaru woobie is pretty much all I use for camping down to 40*. They are AWESOME, if expensive, but most definitely worth the cost. I need to get two more for kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast