Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1000+ yard target

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    Try using some trampoline springs for hanging your steel. It supposedly makes the hits ring loud.
    Sounds interesting. Currently I'm using chains. Can the trampoline springs survive a direct hit from a 223 at long range?
    I'm going to get a 1/4" target and lighter weight chains. Where I like to shoot there is a bit of a hike involved, so I'm trying to cut weight.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Sounds interesting. Currently I'm using chains. Can the trampoline springs survive a direct hit from a 223 at long range?
    I'm going to get a 1/4" target and lighter weight chains. Where I like to shoot there is a bit of a hike involved, so I'm trying to cut weight.

Use polyurethane, buy strips on Amazon. The bullets will go through it and not break like a chain does

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    Use polyurethane, buy strips on Amazon. The bullets will go through it and not break like a chain does

That would save lots of weight. Could you provide a link? I'm searching Amazon for polyurethane strips and not finding anything that looks right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    Where do you find large square targets? I have the same issue with the green vegetation. All the target places I know of don't sell the large square targets.
    www.shootsteel.com

edited to add... 18'' x 24'' appears to be the largest they sell
    Last edited by P2000; 08-24-16 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    That would save lots of weight. Could you provide a link? I'm searching Amazon for polyurethane strips and not finding anything that looks right.
    I used a saw to cut 3 inch strips

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000I...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Awesome thanks!

Feedback Score
    I and one of the guys I shoot with bought a 4'x8'x3/8" sheet of AR400 from the local steel supplier. image.jpg

Feedback Score
    image.jpg

Here is a photo of one of the concrete top benches I've been building in the garage the last couple of weeks. They will be setup at the 1000 yard range taking my portable bench out there most weekends is getting old. I used a piece of melamine for the mold for the tops and have been precasting them in the garage also burned up an old rectangle hand sander using it to vibrate the concrete mold to eliminate air bubbles. Each top takes 6 80lb bags of concrete so they weigh in at around 480lbs. This photo doesn't show the X bracing I've added to the frame for rigidity or the adjustable seats I'm going to weld to that collar on the rear leg. Anybody know of a place to get Stainless acme thread lead screws in around 5/8" to maybe 1" size. I want to use them for the seat height adjustment.

Feedback Score

Just finished putting a new target together. 53% lighter weight than my previous set up, which is awesome because my favorite area involves a few miles of walking/ hiking to get to. Thanks for the recommendation on the polyurethane material, we will see how it holds up.

Old target and chains

New target

Feedback Score
    Just finished putting a new target together. 53% lighter weight than my previous set up, which is awesome because my favorite area involves a few miles of walking/ hiking to get to. Thanks for the recommendation on the polyurethane material, we will see how it holds up.

Old target and chains

New target

Looks really good! Let us know.

Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast