Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radical Silencer experience?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wow that's impressive. I'm whatever is lower than a novice machinist and I think I could do better that that, in the dark with half a bottle of whisky in me...

Feedback Score
    Maybe those marks induce turbulence

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Maybe those marks induce turbulence

That's a big IF. Over time, I would imagine that they would accumulate carbon and maybe even reduce any supposed performance gains. I think the more likely answer is that finish machining would increase cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    That's a big IF. Over time, I would imagine that they would accumulate carbon and maybe even reduce any supposed performance gains. I think the more likely answer is that finish machining would increase cost.
    Agreed it has to be a cost issue machine and man time costs money

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    No. They are not. There isn't a single can on the market that is hearing safe on a 556 AR.

NOT. ONE.
    I stand corrected. I should say to my ears, they did not cause any discomfort while shooting without ear pro.

Feedback Score
    I ordered the RF 556 can and will let you know in about 5 months. Here is what I found out about the 556 can:
    -They come with a limited life-time warranty
    -7'' long, 1.5'' diameter, 22.2 oz
    -The Silencershop video showed a reduction avg of 30.5 dB
    I sent some questions to RF and here is what I found out:
    -Warranties are good as long as "nothing happens out of normal usage" (I was asking if it is okay to use a suppressor cover) - so yes just dont melt it on.
    -Re-manufactured and/or reloads will void the warranty.
    -I asked if I could use in a carbine course of about 500 rds without issue since it is not a full-auto rated. Was told "should be fine running through that course. We just do not recommend shooting our suppressor consecutively close to full auto speeds." " We do not recommend high volumes of fire in such short period of time. As it would equate similarities to full auto fire."
    -To install can, make sure threads have no burrs/nothing on them, screw on to barrel, back it off, then torque it on hand tight
    -10.5" barrel is no problem
    I think I read somewhere about being able to ultrasonic clean, but dont quote me on that, I'll look and see if I can find that. From the research I have done, shooting .223/5.56 do not need cleaning. There are cut out pics of other 556 suppressors with over 148k rounds through them and they look clean, exception is if you shoot .22. High pressure factory ammo should burn up most carbon(per article I read).

The .30 cal can didn't seem to have a very good sound reduction if I recall. AVG 27.9 dB.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think we've hit on the reason they are cheap. I see a baffle strike in your future. Lol. IMHO, NFA items are not the place to "save $$".
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I think we've hit on the reason they are cheap. I see a baffle strike in your future. Lol. IMHO, NFA items are not the place to "save $$".
    What did I miss?

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Void warranty for using reloads??? They do know it's 2016 and you can't afford to shoot UNLESS you reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Looks Radical to me...

if real that is some burnt up inserts, lack of cooling or worse improper feeds and speeds

is that aluminum??
    in my experience only soft metals look like that.
    on 303 or harder usually the insert breaks and either alarm out or kill a holder.

i could do better with a bench grinder

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast