Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radical Silencer experience?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I will pass on these, not worth the risk with so many known good already out there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    What did I miss?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Non concentric hole with jäger edges just asking to catch a bullet plus all the other quality issues mentioned so far then factor in the price. I mean for it to retail at less than 400 it had to cost less than 200 to make; you can't make a quality product for that price. Just sayin.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    if real that is some burnt up inserts, lack of cooling or worse improper feeds and speeds

is that aluminum??
    in my experience only soft metals look like that.
    on 303 or harder usually the insert breaks and either alarm out or kill a holder.

i could do better with a bench grinder

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    That picture was posted by a dealer after he received his first example of the RF556.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What makes that really bad is that it's not even a "missed in QC" issue. It's a "machinist don't give a $%^*" issue with ZERO QC. I wouldn't be happy if something I made in my little garage shop looked like that.

Feedback Score
    They're a budget suppressor. They serve a purpose in that aspect. Some folks can't justify spending the money on something like a Sandman-L, Omega, Surge, or other top-tier cans that come with an associated price point.

A 91/30 (and no disrespect to the fans) is a budget milsurp. People buy it because they're fun, or cheap, and mainly cheap. They aren't going to hold a candle to my 700, let alone my Bergara.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    They're a budget suppressor. They serve a purpose in that aspect. Some folks can't justify spending the money on something like a Sandman-L, Omega, Surge, or other top-tier cans that come with an associated price point.

A 91/30 (and no disrespect to the fans) is a budget milsurp. People buy it because they're fun, or cheap, and mainly cheap. They aren't going to hold a candle to my 700, let alone my Bergara.
    Would you say that these pictures are representative of any Radical suppressors that have come through Capitol Armory? Or was this unusual?

Feedback Score
    I would say from what I've seen, it represents them. But I can't say that without also noting the ones I've shot and seen in person were samples given to us and not "production versions to sell."

It may or may not be a good representation of the ones actually out on the market.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    I would say from what I've seen, it represents them. But I can't say that without also noting the ones I've shot and seen in person were samples given to us and not "production versions to sell."

It may or may not be a good representation of the ones actually out on the market.
    Roger that. Thank you for the insight.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    radical.jpg

Like I previously stated, some of the guys on our team were issued Radical cans. The first time they shot them were just to confirm zero and new POA/POI shift. Slow rate of fire, maybe 10 rounds. No issues noted then.

We had a range day today and the majority of these cans bulged slightly from use. They weren't doing mag dumps, just normal drills which require a few strings of fire. Enough to heat up the can, but nothing abusive. This was happening within the 2nd 30 round mag. I wouldn't even be comfortable using this on a bolt gun that's only intended for range play.

Hard to tell form the picture, but definitely noticeable when you run your finger across it. The bulge is where the "D" is in "STAFFORD" No noted difference in POI or noise suppression but some of the cans were bulged enough that it was decided to finish off the day without them and to send them back. I was unable to get a good picture of the exit hole, the machining looked like something I could do with a hand drill.
    Last edited by Jesse H; 08-10-16 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
    radical.jpg

Like I previously stated, some of the guys on our team were issued Radical cans. The first time they shot them were just to confirm zero and new POA/POI shift. Slow rate of fire, maybe 10 rounds. No issues noted then.

We had a range day today and the majority of these cans bulged slightly from use. They weren't doing mag dumps, just normal drills which require a few strings of fire. Enough to heat up the can, but nothing abusive. This was happening within the 2nd 30 round mag. I wouldn't even be comfortable using this on a bolt gun that's only intended for range play.

Hard to tell form the picture, but definitely noticeable when you run your finger across it. The bulge is where the "D" is in "STAFFORD" No noted difference in POI or noise suppression but some of the cans were bulged enough that it was decided to finish off the day without them and to send them back. I was unable to get a good picture of the exit hole, the machining looked like something I could do with a hand drill.
    Honestly can't say I'm surprised. Thank you for some real hands on feedback. Can I share your post in a private NFA group?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast