Thread: 300 AAC Blackout

Feedback Score

300 AAC Blackout

In an effort to change up the routine build, I thought I'd try my hand at a 300 blackout.
    Anderson lower receiver
    Aero Precision upper receiver
    PSA 10.5" barrel, 4150 CL 1/8 twist
    ALG M-Lok 10" handguard
    Thordsen cheek rest
    B5 grip
    ALG Ni-B FCG
    Colt H2 buffer
    Oh...and a PSA premium BCG

Took 'er to the range yesterday for a wring out...function is flawless...recoils is a little snappy!
    Last edited by hill; 07-05-16 at 21:44.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    Very nice

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks dusterdude...the300AAC seems an excellent round albeit expensive compared to the 556. It might be time to get serious about hand-loading. The whole "pistol" thing is a bit...silly...but the cheek weld of the Thordsen unit is not bad and with my CCL this becomes a handgun I can carry at least in my truck chamber loaded if I was a mind to
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice! What kind of accuracy are you seeing with that 10.5 PSA?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I ran her out to the range for a 30 round test fire and was pinging an 8" steel plate at 50 yards....sometimes. In was an impromptu quick stop but I feel confident if I put it on a bag and take my time it should run 3 MOA-ish...maybe better

Feedback Score
    You should be able to get better accuracy than that. Try shooting with front and rear bags, and if it's still not shooting tighter groups then I would play around with different types of ammo, and different bullet weights.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthOPS32 View Post
    You should be able to get better accuracy than that. Try shooting with front and rear bags, and if it's still not shooting tighter groups then I would play around with different types of ammo, and different bullet weights.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Very likely...but I tend to shoot for MOBG...spose if I bag it proper with good ammo I could squeeze a minute out if but it was never intended for more than a truck gun. It sure is handy size-wise!