Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New VTAC Light Mount Prototype

Feedback Score

New VTAC Light Mount Prototype

Hey guys,

The milspecmonkey crew recently had the chance to attend one of Kyle's classes here in the bay area. In addition to having a blast, he hooked us up with a prototype of his new light mount. It's pretty slick and has the ability to hold your standard G series body lights as well as clipped lights like the EL2 or EB1 with a insert.

One thing I should mention is the on the final version the T-nuts will snap in, which will be a nice improvement since those little SOBs like to make a run for it. There are a few more pics up here.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Interesting but how does it compare to the VLTOR?

Feedback Score
    Well, it's pretty much got the same thing going for it that the previous version of the VTAC light mount had. It's cheap, and damn durable for being built out of plastic. I would say the main improvement of this version is the ability to accept smaller diameter lights with clips. The big thing you're missing out on the VTAC verses the VLTOR would be the thumb screws.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopDoug View Post
    The big thing you're missing out on the VTAC verses the VLTOR would be the thumb screws.
    I would also have to say the overall lower profile. If you are mounting this on an AK w/ an UltiMAK for instance, it will block any cowitness. The VLTOR is lower and allows a view of the irons. This is not an issue with AR's, of course.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, definitely. The profile on the new version is same as the older style.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Now they come out with a new version, right after I bought the old style.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can't wait to get my hands on the new one. I have a older version and it has held up very well.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Interesting.
    Any idea on the price-point?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I think it is going to be around the same ($20ish), we'll bug Kyle and see if he has a final price yet.

Feedback Score
    Kyle says that it will have an introductory price of $19.95, then it will most likely go up to $24.95 after a few months depending on what the production cost is going to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast