Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 805 Bren Carbine Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The threads are too long so the back of the muzzle device will not come into contact with the shoulder behind the threads. To further complicate it the original shoulder was not square with the bore and rather had a taper to it.

If you install a typical muzzle device there will be exposed threads behind it and it can not be timed if it needs to be. Flash hiders with no top or bottom may be indexed off the muzzle with no problem but muzzle brakes must be timed so that the ports are on the sides.

Do not use the jam nut the original muzzle brake used when mounting a suppressor adapter. It is a good way to invite baffle strikes.

Not my photo
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 10-09-16 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the excellent explanation and picture. It makes you wonder why in the world someone would have done that.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The threads are too long so the back of the muzzle device will not come into contact with the shoulder behind the threads. To further complicate it the original shoulder was not square with the bore and rather had a taper to it.

If you install a typical muzzle device there will be exposed threads behind it and it can not be timed if it needs to be. Flash hiders with no top or bottom may be indexed off the muzzle with no problem but muzzle brakes must be timed so that the ports are on the sides.

Do not use the jam nut the original muzzle brake used when mounting a suppressor adapter. It is a good way to invite baffle strikes.

Not my photo
    Looks like that can be resolved by a competent smith cutting it down no? Might be on the extreme side, but guys like me have rolled the dice more than once on custom work on our guns. KNS Precision offers a thread adapter for it as well. Nevertheless, I don't see it as an issue if you plan to run the gun as is. But if you do want to run it with a can it's doable. Unless I'm missing something?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is easily doable. Some poeple got more creative than needed on ar15.com. I would just get a flashhider in m14x1 lh and index it off the muzzle and call it done. The problem is that not every manufacturer makes their mounts in m14x1 lh and those that do might be easier to find.

I am not a huge fan of thread adapters. They work fine but are a bandaid. The KNS seems to be the best option for those that wish to go this route.

I just want to let everyone know why these guns were cheaper than others.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Picked up my Bren yesterday. It's every bit as quality as I hoped it would be. Of course I've handled the one that my local gun club has for rent, but after spending a significant amount of time exploring the inner workings and of the rifle I can honestly say that it was $1200 bucks well spent. Very very happy with this purchase and I can't wait to get the Form 1 back on this one. Looks great, feels great. And there's no doubt in my mind it'll shoot great. Will definitely lump this in the "never sell" group.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I picked up mine today and same as what Boba has said, this firearm is very high-quality. However my one complaint is that my finger cannot quite reach the magazine release button without altering my grip. Damn these short fingers!
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Picked up my Bren yesterday. It's every bit as quality as I hoped it would be. Of course I've handled the one that my local gun club has for rent, but after spending a significant amount of time exploring the inner workings and of the rifle I can honestly say that it was $1200 bucks well spent. Very very happy with this purchase and I can't wait to get the Form 1 back on this one. Looks great, feels great. And there's no doubt in my mind it'll shoot great. Will definitely lump this in the "never sell" group.
    Do you have a SCAR?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Do you have a SCAR?
    No, but my buddy's got both a 16 and 17 that I get to play with a lot. It compares favorably.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would be great to see someone mod the lower to have a last round bolt hold open that can be externally manipulated. Does the g36 magwell offer this?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Would be great to see someone mod the lower to have a last round bolt hold open that can be externally manipulated. Does the g36 magwell offer this?
    Not sure, but I'm going to be ordering the retro mag kit. Josh, PM heading your way.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast