Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CZ 805 Bren Carbine Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fired 10 rds standing into a head target at 100m today. Didn't get a chance due to time to try the fun switch. Nice shooting stick belonging to the Czech Army here.

CD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Why didn't they just replace the gas tube?
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    Probably wanted to inspect why it was eroding.
    QC

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I believe CZ offers a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied. I could see them wanting to inspect it if he was having it repaired but I don't think they would buy it back unless the customer asked for a refund. Maybe he didn't want to give them a chance to repair the rifle and give it another shot.
    Last edited by Waylander; 02-28-18 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    Fired 10 rds standing into a head target at 100m today. Didn't get a chance due to time to try the fun switch. Nice shooting stick belonging to the Czech Army here.

CD
    What optic is on that if you don't mind me asking? I'm becoming more and more intrigued with these as I'm feeling an itch for an alternative to shoot instead of my ARs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    What optic is on that if you don't mind me asking? I'm becoming more and more intrigued with these as I'm feeling an itch for an alternative to shoot instead of my ARs.
    Unknown manufacture. It was a 1.5x Red Dot belonging to the Czech Republic SOF.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was pleasantly surprised at how well this gun is built for the price that it cost. I got mine for $1250. It shoots like a dream. Have shot it back to back with an AR that I built that i've always thought had very little felt recoil and hands down the Bren was softer shooting. They both have brakes on them. The only issue I've had so far is that I swapped the mag well out and I had a couple stoppages. Upon inspection of what was happening is the bolts hold open was engaging with rounds in the mag. . It looks like the bolt hold open is sticking out too far and if the rounds are loaded and pushed to the back of the magazine it actuates the bolt hold open from the case head. There is plenty of space on the follower where the bolthole open could be much shorter and still function properly so I'm going to take the old grinder to it here soon. I compared it side-by-side with the original A.R. 15 style magazine well and it does look like it may be a little longer but it could just be my eyes

I've went retro approach and I'm trying to get it looking like the original military version with the silver-ish upper and Original mag well. Currently I just stripped down to bare bones to get the upper refinished but I'm having trouble getting the shell deflector off before I ship it out. I can't tell if it's a roll pin or a hex head or what. After I tried using different size hex wrenches I tried pounding it out very carefully with a punch but did not get it to move and I do not want to push it too hard. I emailed Cz about it but I haven't got a response yet.

Does anybody know the proper way of getting that shell deflector off of their upper?

Thanks

ETA: It was just a spring pin. I wasn't using enough force
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 04-30-18 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    A bit late to the party, but I JUST bought mine (pistol) today, so it should be here next week.

In look at the sights, they appear to be the Czech copy of Troy BUIS. They look a little small, in every picture I've seen, compared to Troys. For those who have set up red dots, what mount gives you an absolute co-witness. Are they so low, that lower-third co-witness IS an absolute co-witness, or are the pictures an optical illusion, and they really are bigger than they appear?

I'll find out soon enough (I'm looking at running an Aimpoint T-1 in an ADM mount on mine), and I'm just trying to think ahead - thanks!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    A bit late to the party, but I JUST bought mine (pistol) today, so it should be here next week.

In look at the sights, they appear to be the Czech copy of Troy BUIS. They look a little small, in every picture I've seen, compared to Troys. For those who have set up red dots, what mount gives you an absolute co-witness. Are they so low, that lower-third co-witness IS an absolute co-witness, or are the pictures an optical illusion, and they really are bigger than they appear?

I'll find out soon enough (I'm looking at running an Aimpoint T-1 in an ADM mount on mine), and I'm just trying to think ahead - thanks!
    Is it possible these are the low profile irons? Low profile irons should co witness depending on the amount. Absolute or 1/3

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    They are a copy of the Troy micro sights. And the height of the aperture above the rail is lower than the standard “AR” height... around 1.1. I use an aimpoint in a standard AR height mount and it’s between absolut and lower 1/3. I put an acr Stock on mine and it helps tremendously with cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know when the Bren2 5.56 pistols are expected to arrive?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    They are a copy of the Troy micro sights. And the height of the aperture above the rail is lower than the standard “AR” height... around 1.1. I use an aimpoint in a standard AR height mount and it’s between absolut and lower 1/3. I put an acr Stock on mine and it helps tremendously with cheek weld.
    THANK YOU! My old eyeballs did NOT deceive me!

I figure running a 1/3 co-witness will be more appropriate - NOT that you use a red dot WITH sights, but as an HK/PTR owner... and FORMER FAL owner... I'm well-versed in HIGH mounted optics, and prefer them as low as possible.

I'd hafta Form 1 the pistol for an ACR stock... but I'll be THINKING about it, I'm sure!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast