Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Falcon Heights MN: Woman Films Scene After Police Shoot Her Boyfriend

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    While Castille did have a gun, it was in his pocket and remained there until it was removed by a paramedic. It was NEVER visible during the stop.
    Can you provide a source for this? While I have seen it reported both ways, I have not seen the definitive on it, and your statement is very definitive.

Thanks.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    I think I'd mention that I have a CCW and I currently are carrying, rather than just say I have a gun. I know you can lie, but at least give the cop a reason not to freak out.

Notice his partner didn't draw?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From what I have read and seen on the video I watched, Officer Yanez had terribly sloppy officer safety skills and situational awareness.

Reported catalyst for the stop: 1) deer in the headlights look; 2) matches description of armed robber; 3) tail light out.

Based on those circumstances the tail light would justify a pretextual stop if you didn't think 1) and 2) gave you enough articulable reasonable suspicion.

After the stop Officer Yanez approached the car via what I call 'the great circle route' which gave the subject in the car, whom he reportedly believed could be an armed robber, ample opportunity to engage him. This leads me to believe either Officer Yanez was a warm body occupying a police officer's uniform, or had some piss poor trainers. Based on the totality of the circumstances Yanez had ample reason to ask the driver to exit the vehicle while he, Yanez, stayed at a distance.

I'd like to know Yanez's background and the type of training he had undergone. Improperly run force on force training can leave scars which lead officers to overreact and use force based on what might happen versus what is happening.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Notice his partner didn't draw?
    I think his partner's "assignment" in that situation, is primarily the passenger on HIS side of the vehicle. Yanez did not announce "GUN", or any other word to indicate to his partner that there was danger.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I think his partner's "assignment" in that situation, is primarily the passenger on HIS side of the vehicle. Yanez did not announce "GUN", or any other word to indicate to his partner that there was danger.
    You mean other than dumping a bunch of rounds into the car?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You mean other than dumping a bunch of rounds into the car?
    Dumping a bunch of rounds in to a car is "words"? Ok....

In almost every video'ed incident of this kind, that I have watched, where a partner is involved, there is some reflexive announcement of the danger of a weapon being presented, or present. None came in this incident. He went from conversational to Pat Roger's NSR in five seconds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Dumping a bunch of rounds in to a car is "words"? Ok....

In almost every video'ed incident of this kind, that I have watched, where a partner is involved, there is some reflexive announcement of the danger of a weapon being presented, or present. None came in this incident. He went from conversational to Pat Roger's NSR in five seconds.
    And in that 5 seconds had he merely drove towards the rear of the vehicle instead of standing in the door like he was bobbing for apples he could have controlled the situation and had time to for sure identify a weapon before he fired. I mean I know this is crazy talk, but does anybody aside from me think it is important to teach movement off threat axis versus standing and screaming with your voice getting shriller and shriller?

I know what I sound like here, but I fvcking hate it when tactical fails result in cops killing someone who didn't need to be killed at the moment they were killed, thus costing taxpayers bunches of money.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-28-17 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    And in that 5 seconds had he merely drove towards the rear of the vehicle instead of standing in the door like he was bobbing for apples he could have controlled the situation and had time to for sure identify a weapon before he fired. I mean I know this is crazy talk, but does anybody aside from me think it is important to teach movement off threat axis versus standing and screaming with your voice getting shriller and shriller?

I know what I sound like here, but I fvcking hate it when tactical fails result in cops killing someone who didn't need to be killed at the moment they were killed, thus costing taxpayers bunches of money.
    I don't think anyone LEO, or non, who watches that event would consider it his finest hour, as much as I don't wanne be "that guy" who goes into what he coulda/shoulda done from the safety of my office here.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-28-17 at 16:27.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243