Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcon Heights MN: Woman Films Scene After Police Shoot Her Boyfriend

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Falcon Heights MN: Woman Films Scene After Police Shoot Her Boyfriend

Good shoot? Bad shoot? Not enough video evidence to make a determination either way? Just another "thug/garbage/POS" that deserved to be taken out anyway? "If Tyrone had been in compliance he wouldn't be dead oh wellz..."

You know the other day I was driving back from filing for my Disabled Veteran plates at the DMV. I was going 10 mph over the limit passing a high school (summer break mind you) when I was pulled over by a cop on a bike, so I immediately pull over. He comes over and tells me what I did and that it was unsafe since I put the lives of school kids in danger. No problem, officer. I made a mistake. I understand. What do you need from me? So he asks for my license, registration, proof of insurance... the usual. I pull out my wallet and he notices I have a concealed carry permit. He then stops me before I pull out my drivers license and asks "Where's your firearm?" I reply that it's concealed on my hip, and that's where i keep it even while driving. He makes it a point to tell me to be sure to keep it there, as if he needed to warn me of the consequences of drawing my pistol or just pulling it out. Now in my mind, I posed no immediate threat. My Purple Heart tags should've told him that I was a war veteran (like that makes a difference I guess), and the fact that I have a CC permit should've implied that I was a responsible gun owner and a law abiding citizen, who also once upon a time swore an oath to support and defend. Hypothetically speaking, let's just say that I reached for my wallet and exposed my firearm. Well shit, you might be reading about another dead Black man who died at the hands of a police officer "just doing his job", and that if I had did the right thing and complied then I might still be alive today. "Oh well. Just another piece of trash that needed to be taken out" is how I imagine the social media/forum commentary playing out.

Let me ask you guys this, when are we going to look at a situation and say "Look, that shit wasn't justified. That shit was just plain wrong." When are we going to grab our nuts, say fukc the party line and call a spade a spade? With as many friends and brothers I have serving in the LE field, I'm still waiting for someone to come out and just say it. Just for once say that a cop was doing a bad job. Why don't we do that? Is it not possible for cops to be trigger happy fukctards sometimes? Or is it just more common for your average citizen to be a fukctard? We like to bitch about the mainstream media and the liberals placing the blame on guns for acts of violence instead of... violent criminals, extremism, mentally unstable persons, or whatever. It's hypocritical to want an unbiased representation of facts when it serves our interest, but then turn around say "Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! Let's not jump to conclusions here... this warrants a full investigation and we need to let the legal process play out." No, we can't rush to judgement.... unless of course it fits neatly into our own world view on how justice should be served.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 07-07-16 at 11:48. Reason: pissed off
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That cop doesn't sound like a trigger happy murderer. He sounds extremely freaked out.

No way to form an intelligent opinion on this since it only shows the aftermath.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 07-07-16 at 03:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    She aired that in real time on Facebook Live Video . . . DAMN!

The driver didn't begin filming till after the shot, so we don't know what transpired before that. From the audio I deduce that the LEO panicked when the passenger went for his ID with the previous knowledge that he had a CCW. Listen to his voice, he sounds utterly fear stricken.

At this time not a good shoot IMHO. I read on another page that her toddler daughter was strapped into the backseat. So keep that in mind he fired into an occupied vehicle where he easily could have hit the driver as well as the toddler in her car seat.

As a white man, when I get pulled over (more than a dozen times in less than twenty years of driving lead foot disease) I DO NOT move until told to do so. I DO NOT reach for my DL/CCW permit/auto insurance/radio volume NOTHING for this very reason. My father taught me to drive and told me to always leave my hands on my steering wheel at 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock until instructed to do otherwise, if in the passenger seat hands on the dash in front of me.

Problem is people/mass media/SJW/corrupt politicians want to group all the OIS's together.

I don't remember anyone making excuses for the white SC LEO who shot the unarmed black man in the back and then threw something down on his body so as to plant a weapon. Or the one where the white LEO shot up an unarmed black man's car with him in it during a traffic stop at a gas station. There are dirty cops, there are also good cops who make bad life ending decisions, there are people who don't think and make sudden movements while in the presence of LE, then there are career criminals who are not going to jail at all cost. Who knows just who you are interacting with on any given day.

Edit to add:
    I realized after watching it again that the driver kept her cell phone in her hand after being instructed by the arriving officers to exit the vehicle and keep her hands up. No way in hell I would keep anything in my hands after a jumpy cop just shot my passenger.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-07-16 at 05:03.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1. Plenty of LE have called out bad cops. Plenty of LE have arrested bad cops. I dont remember the reserve officer that accidentally shot the guy in the back getting a pass from LE. I don't remember the highway patrol guy getting a pass when he freaked out and shot that guy in NC (I think it was there) after asking him to grab his ID. So for you to say enough is enough and cops need to call out bad policing doesnt really jive with my views. I personally know a former cop who is currently in prison and know a couple guys who were fired. EVERY officer, every single one, who knew thos guys said they deserve what happened to them. In fact if you look up every cop that has been arrested and gone to trial, remember that it was other cops that investigated and built those cases against them.

2. No way we can make a judgement on this video as it's completely after the fact of the shooting. If what the lady is saying is truthful, then yeah that's a bad shoot. Has her story been vetted? I've seen screen shots from the dead guys Facebook floating around that he is/was a CRIP gang member. Is that true? Considering that the only information we have right now is a video shot after the incident and a story told by someone who has a very big reason to be biased, I'll wait for more information before I jump to conclusions.

3. I cant even count how many times someone with a concealed weapon has decided to pull it out to show it to me or give it to me without being asked. It happens.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    This is why I get all papers in my hands, one hand out the window with papers/liscences, the other out the sunroof, relaxed. I then tell them where the gun is when they walk up.

It leaves no doubt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

I don't remember anyone making excuses for the white SC LEO who shot the unarmed black man in the back and then threw something down on his body so as to plant a weapon. Or the one where the white LEO shot up an unarmed black man's car with him in it during a traffic stop at a gas station.

http://forums.officer.com/t195765/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    not looking good, will wait for the camera footage but if the account is accurate Bad shoot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Definitely will wait for more footage, however, there is footage, while in the police car, that she mentions he had to "move" something to get to his wallet. Or that he had to "take it out". I couldn't tell if she was referencing the firearm or the wallet.

Here's what may have happened:

1) Traffic stop of tail light infractions.
    2) Asked to provide license/ID.
    3) Driver (the one who was shot, the recorder was the passenger) identifies as having a firearm because he has to adjust it to get to his wallet/id.
    4) Driver adjusts, or goes to remove the gun (in it's holster), to free up room to get to his wallet without allowing the officer to guide/command him.
    5) Officer gives a short warning, telling the man to stop, because of the immediate escalation in the officer's mind, seeing the weapon and feeling threatened, what felt like a while for the officer, could have been very short.
    6) Officer discharges his firearm.

Nonetheless, I will not hold a formal stance, or claim anyone is in the "right or wrong" until we get the whole picture. I can see this going south unintentionally, truly.

The officer sounds freaked out, very. In the film, after the daughter picks up her moms phone and the ambulance shuts off it's sirens, you can hear the cop in the background yelling "F*@K!!" As, what I assume, the paramedics are checking the guys vitals and deeming him DOA.

Keep in mind everyone:

Falcon PD, hasn't had an officer utilize their weapon in a fatal shooting in nearly 30 years. This is, most likely, the first time the cop has had to plug somebody.

Sad situation, I can't "wish" for it to be any particular way, because neither result is ideal.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-07-16 at 09:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, that's ugly, real ugly. No opinion other than that at this time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Definitely will wait for more footage, however, there is footage, while in the police car, that she mentions he had to "move" something to get to his wallet. Or that he had to "take it out". I couldn't tell if she was referencing the firearm or the wallet.

Here's what may have happened:

1) Traffic stop of tail light infractions.
    2) Asked to provide license/ID.
    3) Driver (the one who was shot, the recorder was the passenger) identifies as having a firearm because he has to adjust it to get to his wallet/id.
    4) Driver adjusts, or goes to remove the gun (in it's holster), to free up room to get to his wallet without allowing the officer to guide/command him.
    5) Officer gives a short warning, telling the man to stop, because of the immediate escalation in the officer's mind, seeing the weapon and feeling threatened, what felt like a while for the officer, could have been very short.
    6) Officer discharges his firearm.

Nonetheless, I will not hold a formal stance, or claim anyone is in the "right or wrong" until we get the whole picture. I can see this going south unintentionally, truly.

The officer sounds freaked out, very. In the film, after the daughter picks up her moms phone, you can hear the cop in the background yelling "F*@K!!" As, what I assume, the paramedics are checking the guys vitals and deeming him DOA.

Keep in mind everyone:

Falcon PD, hasn't had an officer utilize their weapon in a fatal shooting in nearly 30 years. This is, most likely, the first time the cop has had to plug somebody.

Sad situation, I can't "wish" for it to be any particular way, because neither result is ideal.
    1 to 6 sounds like a good wish.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast