Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: KRISS Vector Discussion Thread

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I've got an X300 @ 03:00. I'd prefer an M300 just for the ease of battery changes but, no big D. I can still activate the tail switch momentarily with my support bird finger and a C-Clamp grip.

I'm going to pick up an XT-07 switch if Santa doesn't get me one. I'll throw up a pic when I get back to the crib.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    LGS got a couple of 10mm pistols at the same time they got a couple of 9mm pistols in during the week of Thanksgiving.

Playing with them, I'm damned if I can figure out how to mount a light to it in an efficient way.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Giving a great deal of consideration to picking up the Kriss Vector Gen II SDP SB in 9mm.

For anyone running these with higher round counts (>3000), any feedback on unusual wear, breakages, or general areas of concern?
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Giving a great deal of consideration to picking up the Kriss Vector Gen II SDP SB in 9mm.

For anyone running these with higher round counts (>3000), any feedback on unusual wear, breakages, or general areas of concern?
    I have both the 9 and 45 Gen II Vectors that have shared an arm brace. The 9 has around 7K through it, the 45 has around 5K through it. Neither has had any issues besides normal cleaning and there have been no breakages or unusual wear. My 45 just got its Eform stamp on Tuesday (8 months later), so when I get home from my trip this week, it will get its stock attached. According to the estimated ATF schedule, my stamp on the 9 should be next week or the following as well since it was sent in as an Eform 10 days after the 45.

My one and only beef with the Kriss has been the Glock 18 mags and the Kriss extensions. If I put 33 rounds in the Glock 18 mag, it won't seat on a closed bolt reliably without some effort. I download to 30 and generally have no issues. On the 45 mags, the full capacity is something left up to debate since there isn't much factory data on capacity that is reliable (something like "25+" is listed as capacity in the manual IIRC). The mag extensions say "30" on them, but 25 is more realistic. I did have an issue with one mag early on breaking apart when it was dropped on the deck. I fixed it and haven't had any similar problems since.

The only other issue I have had is with a silencer the 45 can be finicky on ammo choice. This is basically only limited to the 45 (with an AAC Tirant 45), and reliability of the last round locking the bolt back is best with just regular 230gr. ball. I tried 200gr and some "silencer special" American Eagle and neither cycled 100% right, so I'll stick to 230gr ball. On the 9, I have had no problems with ammo choice and suppressors (I have run both my Surefire Ryder 9 and the Tirant 45 with a 9mm piston), but I only shoot 124gr. full power loads (either regular NATO ball or Speer Gold Dots).

It can get a little extra dirty when suppressed, but that isn't unusual.

The only stoppages or misfeeds I have experienced have been on the 45 and were ammo related. On the 9, I had a dodgy old Glock mag that was worn out and that caused some feeding issues, but that was binned as soon as it was discovered as the cause. No problems of any kind since. I have tried Pmags (these have been a recent purchase, not the first ones shipped out that had issues) with the 9 and those are 100% reliable. I don't have the ETS mags or anything else aftermarket to try, so I don't know how those do.

The newest Vector versions they showed at SHOT Show have an improved stock/brace/sling mount on the frame. On the Kriss website they have this new version shown. The Gen I/Gen II hinge point looks to be something that wouldn't survive a drop from height very well. The new one puts the folding mechanism in the stock, so if it does get broken it is not the upper receiver that has to be replaced.

Pics of my 45 SBR:

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg
    Last edited by interfan; 02-22-17 at 21:03. Reason: Added pics

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567