Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KRISS Vector Discussion Thread

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Definitely fun with the happy switch! Spent some time with this one and the silencer combined with full auto left a smile on my face for 2 days!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You are going to make me spend money again.

Just curious - what can did you run with that setup? I'm researching .45 ACP cans.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Just curious - what can did you run with that setup? I'm researching .45 ACP cans.

Thanks.
    That's a YHM Cobra and that ran thru Wolf ammo like a sewing machine. It was decent can but old tech. Nowadays I'd say look hard at the Rugged Obsidian 45 can.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I believe KRISS recommends sending the weapon to them for the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I'm starting to get more interest in these now that the 9 mm is out. Anyone know how much work it would be to go from factory carbine with the 16" barrel to SBR?
    You, Sir, are living the dream right there!

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Definitely fun with the happy switch! Spent some time with this one and the silencer combined with full auto left a smile on my face for 2 days!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Thanks.
    I have both the Rugged Obsidian and a pair of SC Octanes (both FS and K). You can't go wrong with either SC or Rugged, but I think that the Obsidian has the versatility and bombproof construction that make it the best 45 can on the market today. For example, the Obsidian accepts SC Octane pistons. That's like a sore dick - you can't beat it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here are a few pics with the RSA. It is out of the way of the safety and doesn't take much rail space. I can't see putting a magnifier or mounted NV on it, so I doubt anything will go in front of the RSA. The Battle Arms Development MRO mount is absolute co-witness and is very light and sturdy.:

The rear sling mount (brace removed and swapped) with a takedown pin instead of the riveted pin. The riveted pin is easily removed and replaced with a takedown pin. Just drill out one side and push it out with your fingers afterwards. Taking off the brace or the sling just makes it handy for transport to break down.:

Size with the brace removed to stay as a pistol for non-NFA travel. Sizewise, it will fit in a computer bag designed for a 17" laptop. It may fit in a 15" laptop bag, but you don't have room for mags with that:

As a PCC or Subgun, the Kriss is very compact. Here's the perspective on size of Kriss compared to MP5:

(Note:The black blobs are redacted serial numbers)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I believe KRISS recommends sending the weapon to them for the conversion.
    I thought about the carbine route prior to buying pistols. I called Kriss and they told me that they press a new barrel in the trunnion when they do a SBR conversion, so it becomes pretty complex. For the pistol version, it is much easier - just drill out the pin that holds the brace or sling mount and add a folding stock. Kriss voids the warranty on homegrown carbine to SBR conversions, but not on pistol to SBR conversions.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    @Interfan

Thanks again for all the great info. I'll pick up the RSA and be done with it. What did you use for the replacement pin?

RE: ETS mags. The 31rd ETS mags will absolutely NOT seat properly on the KRISS.

7 out of 7 failed to engage the magazine catch.

15 out of 15 G17/G18 mags all operated correctly.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you gents for the tips on the cans. I just got a stamp back for a Rugged Razor. I will take a long look at the Rugged Obsidian.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    @Interfan

Thanks again for all the great info. I'll pick up the RSA and be done with it. What did you use for the replacement pin?

RE: ETS mags. The 31rd ETS mags will absolutely NOT seat properly on the KRISS.

7 out of 7 failed to engage the magazine catch.

15 out of 15 G17/G18 mags all operated correctly.
    I'm really jonesing for one of these, but the lack of high round feedback on the 9mm Gen 2 version is still holding me back.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast