Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: KRISS Vector Discussion Thread

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Well, it's damn hard to argue with that. You just cost me $1400...bastard.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pistol is in-bound. I'm on the waiting list at Rainier and LanWorld for the Hera folding adaptor. I'll report back once I have it assembled.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Hahahaha! Good man.

Keep me posted if the Hera folding adapter works out for you. I've got a couple of irons in the fire, but that is definitely a game-changer for sure, and is certainly on the short-list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. Pistol is in-bound. I'm on the waiting list at Rainier and LanWorld for the Hera folding adaptor. I'll report back once I have it assembled.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Keep in mind that you will not be able to fit it in a 15-17" bag unless you completely remove the stabilizing brace. I've been looking into this, and I've not found an easy way to make that brace fold. That means you are stuck with a 24" gun which is not all that small. The fact that KRISS has no plans for a folding brace mystifies me; they seemed surprised that anyone would want one when I suggested it.
    Yeah, one of my favorite things about the MPX is the folding brace.

Nevertheless, I would simply get one of the HK-type take down pins, remove the riveted pin holding the brace in place, and take the brace off for travel. Having a folding brace would be more better, but... yeah.

I'll just... leave this here.

Prepper Gun Shop - Folding PSG Brace for Kriss Vector Pistol

Personally, I'm pretty bummed that it looks like they stopped offering the pistols in grey.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    @Fjall: that is all the confirmation I need that the Hera SFU will work. You, Sir, are a scholar and a Gentleman.

Feedback Score
    Can somebody confirm that the ETS 31 round magazines will work in the latest 9mm Vector?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Negative. 7/7 I tried, failed to seat properly/engage the magazine catch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    That is slick. Hmm... Convenience or patience...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    @interfan

I ended up getting a RSA.

I scooted the MBUS up and mounted the RSA at the rear rail slot just short of interfering with the folding pivot point.

With an old Magpul single-point MS2 sling, this thing handles like a racecar. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll probably mount some Troy micros to free up maximum rail space at some point in the future.

Feedback Score
    My KRISS 9mm Gen2 SDP with brace showed up on Friday and I took it for a spin today. I used a Trijicon RMR on a low Bobro mount, 100 rounds of 124 grain FAE, and 50 rounds of 147 grain Federal HST (my 9mm oh shit load). All rounds fired unsuppressed; would you believe that I do not have a 1/2X28 fixed barrel adaptor yet. Here is how it went:

1) Function: All 150 rounds cycled reliably. Unfortunately, none of my factory 33 round mags will reliably lock the bolt open on the last round. Moreover, it often fails to lock back if I retract the charging handle on an empty mag. It locks back on these 33 rounders about half the time. Having said that, all of the 17 round mags locked back without a problem. It also cycled with my 33 rounders; it was just the lock back that was an issue. At first I thought that I was hitting the slide release button with my support hand (very easy to do when placing that hand on the lower receiver), but I confirmed multiple times that this was not the case. Although this is a little frustrating, I'm encouraged by the fact that I accidentally dropped the damn gun in a puddle of mud - it cycled the last 5 rounds without a hitch (I had the foresight to finish the mag before cleaning it).

Anyway, it started to rain again, and my FDE rifle was covered in mud. Thus, I've not had time to play with the mags after rinsing it off as my old lady was mad as hell that I was late getting home.

2) Accuracy - No issues. It seems to be a tacdriver. However, the rail is away over the bore on this bad boy. Thus, I almost maxed the drop on my RMR to get POI / POA at 15 yards (this is a CQB gun).

3) Recoil - no different than my MKEs or MPX. It is softer than my Scorpion which seems to have a bit of bite compared to my other 9mm guns. Some people describe less muzzle rise attributed to the unique mechanism. I'm not sure that I noticed a difference.

4) Balance / Ergos. It is not exactly light. Not that I'd advocate putting the brace to your shoulder, but the tube is the perfect height for a cheek weld if you were to raise the brace to your cheek without touching your shoulder, of course. The gun feels good with your support hand on the lower in front of the trigger guard. However, be sure to keep your hand off the slide release. Also, the placement of the mag release is not intuitive and takes some practice as mentioned in a previous post.

Overall, I like it. I may really like it once 1) I get this bolt lock back issue resolved with 33 round mags and 2) when I get my Hera Arms folding adaptor. More to follow....
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-22-16 at 00:23.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast