Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt n1 stock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt n1 stock

Someone on ebay has these stocks in good condition are these the real deal? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-N1-Carb...0AAOSwvg9XdEpn

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks right. $125 is pricey, but considering that these are getting very hard to find, it may be worth it. That all depends on how bad you want a Colt N1 CAR stock as opposed to a new reproduction one that is about $25.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought the aluminum version from Essential Arms. It should be here Monday or Tuesday as I live in Louisiana. I had also bought a repro of the stock in question but, it seemed lightly made and not what I expected, it was sent back. Are the real Colt N1 stocks more substantial feeling compared to the reproductions?

Thats a lot of money for a hunk of plastic, but considering what premium stocks go for it's probably worth it for a piece of history.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which repro stock did you get? I have one of the $25 ones from M&A Parts and it is very close in look, function and finish to a Colt N1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    M&A. It looked fine, but I've never held a real N1 stock in my hand.

When I found out Essential Arms was local I decided to give them a try. I've always liked the idea of the aluminum version and I believe it's more correct for the earlier build I'm working on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The CAR stocks from M&A Parts and Model 1 Sales are very similar to the Colt N1 stock. There are just a couple differences in the way they are molded, but they are every bit as rugged as the Colt N1.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    The CAR stocks from M&A Parts and Model 1 Sales are very similar to the Colt N1 stock. There are just a couple differences in the way they are molded, but they are every bit as rugged as the Colt N1.
    Agreed. I think the N1 stocks are beginning to take a mythical status in the retro world that they probably don't deserve! It's just a cheap plastic stock when it comes right down to it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was pretty impressed w/ the M&A repro I used on my 733 clone- I really can't tell the difference between it and what I used to be issued. Prices for originals has gotten ridiculous considering we used to have piles of them in the arms room and couldn't give them away. Buy a M&A with confidence.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I was pretty impressed w/ the M&A repro I used on my 733 clone- I really can't tell the difference between it and what I used to be issued. Prices for originals has gotten ridiculous considering we used to have piles of them in the arms room and couldn't give them away. Buy a M&A with confidence.
    Agreed. I just put an M&A on my XM177 build with a factory SP1 2 position receiver extension and it fits perfectly and looks just like the old N1s that are still hanging out in the arms room at work.

Rick

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can you imagine how many of those N1 stocks got tossed out at PD armories, etc.... in favor of some aftermarket stock??? Those stocks were all over not too many years back. I don't think I even still have one.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast