Thread: First pistol, is this acceptable?

Feedback Score

First pistol, is this acceptable?

Going to get in the pistol world and this seems like a good start. Any opinions on this yay or nay? I would put a magpul SL hand guard on it and go from there.

Thanks

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...r15-upper.html

ETA: forgot link, im an idiot...
    Last edited by ICBM556; 07-08-16 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might get a good one, but PSA uppers can be like rolling dice -

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...n-t-buy-a-6920

If they were much cheaper than BCM or Sionics, I might take the gamble myself but for a few bucks more you can get a known quality upper with a company that WILL fix it if something isn't right.

$100 more and you get a quality BCG as well -

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...upper-nfa.html
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    thanks, this is info i need, I do need a 10.5 inch and I am having no joy on finding this length with FN barrels.
    Last edited by ICBM556; 07-08-16 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICBM556 View Post
    thanks, this is info i need, I do need a 10.5 inch and I am having no joy on finding this length with FN barrels.
    For what reason do you need it to be a 10.5 ? LMT makes one but its quite a bit more expensive. G&R tactical sometimes has 10.3 Colt uppers sans BCG, and i think Noveske made/makes one but the 11.5 is much more common.
    Last edited by wildcard600; 07-08-16 at 19:53.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    For what reason do you need it to be a 10.5 ? LMT makes one but its quite a bit more expensive. G&R tactical sometimes has 10.3 Colt uppers sans BCG, and i think Noveske made/makes one but the 11.5 is much more common.
    IF I go with 11.5 I will just go with BCM, as I already have two of their platforms, but was just trying to build a budget pistol just to throw in a bag to be used in vehicles. Hard to throw a 600$ upper in a bag in the back of a truck or car.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICBM556 View Post
    IF I go with 11.5 I will just go with BCM, as I already have two of their platforms, but was just trying to build a budget pistol just to throw in a bag to be used in vehicles. Hard to throw a 600$ upper in a bag in the back of a truck or car.
    Gotcha. Hard to beat that sionics though for 489. even with a cheap PSA BCG you will be in to the palmetto one for ~450 and dubious quality to boot.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Gotcha. Hard to beat that sionics though for 489. even with a cheap PSA BCG you will be in to the palmetto one for ~450 and dubious quality to boot.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    You are absolutely correct, however they are 8-10 weeks out on shipping and by then we could be in a different world, especially price wise. That would definitely be the way I would go if I could get it sooner.

Thanks for the information.