Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG 751 SAPR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I have owned the Elcan and still own the Kahles. It is the clear winner when comparing the two. Mine currently lives on my Larue when it is wearing its 16in 308 barrel. I might move it to the SAPR part time when I get my 260 barrel zeroed on the Texan. I can't think of a scope better suited for 751 SAPR than the Kahles. I have only two complaints, if you could call them that. The turrets turn backwards, and the reticle could get a little dimmer for low light hunting. I was blown away how well the Kahles did in low light this last hunting season.
    Thanks Rob. I will purchase the Kahles after I obtain the SAPR. Perhaps Kahles may introduce additional reticle options, at Shot 18. Going with the TA-44 ACSS with the 553 LB. I can't think of something better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    If I could change one thing it would be the integrated flash hider. I would prefer a normal threaded barrel. I can live with the barrel length.

JoshNC, Seeing as you are affilitated with B&T, do you know if the Rotex V will fit on the SAPR flashider?
    Integral flash hider is a bummer. I will check into the Rotex V. At first blush i believe it will work.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralfabco View Post
    Thanks Rob. I will purchase the Kahles after I obtain the SAPR. Perhaps Kahles may introduce additional reticle options, at Shot 18. Going with the TA-44 ACSS with the 553 LB. I can't think of something better.
    SM-1 is fantastic. No real need for anything better on a 0-600m rifle. Wind holds would be nice but really not needed for its intended role.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara View Post
    If JDI ever closed shop, would you be able to find a spare magazine?
    From Switzerland I’m sure you could. But it would be pricey.

Feedback Score
    Hope youve prepared your wallet. Theyre gonna import a 751 with either a 16 or 20 barrel, threaded, so that we can can it.
    Very interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Honestly the 550 is the only piston gun I've ever shot that produced accuracy comparable to the AR and their ability to run in less than optimal conditions are legendary. But I wouldn't expect much in terms of accuracy from a 14" barrel no matter who made it. Colt, HK or SIG it's still a 14" barrel shooting .308 which sacrifices quite a bit of potential.

If they ever come in with a 16" or 18" barrel I'd be all over it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbsmarine View Post
    Hope youve prepared your wallet. Theyre gonna import a 751 with either a 16 or 20 barrel, threaded, so that we can can it.
    Very interesting times.
    Prayers have been answered.

Trump is the messiah .

I feel it is like 1988 again - before the action of the a-hole - Patrick Purdy.

History repeats itself. I assumed I was ahead of the curve, when I dumped my NIB 550 to Vollmer's for $2,800. I will get the chance to drool over that weapon again. Thanks Dave. You do make dreams come true.
    Last edited by ralfabco; 12-21-17 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    Yep. Call in and reserve your 550 gents. 20in barrel, steel grey lower, and green furniture with diopter. Oh and a 1in7 barrel for our 77grs....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbsmarine View Post
    Yep. Call in and reserve your 550 gents. 20in barrel, steel grey lower, and green furniture with diopter. Oh and a 1in7 barrel for our 77grs....
    I did

Feedback Score
    Everything is out of stock/back ordered, no actual complete firearms seen on the website, and doesn't respond to e-mail.

Is there some place to actually see what is being imported?
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-21-17 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    Thinking of selling my preban 550sp2 and using the money for another 550, a 751, and a 551 lb.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast